Senior Audio Visual TechnicianBusiness School Media Services
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Senior Audio-Visual Technician coordinates and performs a broad range of technical functions connected to the set-up and maintenance, including preventative maintenance, of media equipment at all Business School campuses. The position may also be called upon to assist with video or multimedia productions undertaken by the department. This position assists in the supervision of student Audio Visual Aides including classroom equipment setups, problem identification and resolution, and class recording. This position also checks and maintains the classroom control and monitoring systems; experience with Extron and/or Crestron control systems preferred. The position accurately maintains the inventory of consumable and loanable items using an online system. Work hours for this position will vary according to time of year but will generally include weekday evenings and full days every other weekend.
- An information technology related diploma or degree from a two-year technical school or community college and at least 3 years of experience with media equipment including video displays, computer displays and other presentation technologies including new and emerging technologies
- A high school diploma and at least 6 years' experience with media equipment including video displays, computer displays and other presentation technologies including new and emerging technologies
- AVIXA CTS certification or equivalent.
- AV control system certification (Extron or Crestron).
- Coursework in education and/or instructional media.