About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2022-078Posting Start Date:
Bachelors Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Admissions & Recruiter/ AdvisorDescription/Job Summary
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Recruitment a Recruiter/Advisor represents the College to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, and other individuals and organizations involved in the college selection process. In addition, the Recruiters/Advisors assist to plan and implement recruitment activities for assigned high schools and territories; advise prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the College and provide one-on-one admissions advice to a diverse population of potential students. An Admissions Recruiter/Advisor is an individual with integrity and high moral character, who is adept at working within a diverse community.
- Recruits prospective students by conducting on-site high school visits and attending college fairs in selected territory.
- Increases applications and confirmation activity through cultivating relationships within a given territory and accurately forecast enrollment within the territory to meet goals
- Advises students in the inquiry stage on the admissions process and opportunities at the College and deploy a personalized approach ensure high conversion/yield rates
- Actively engages in ongoing strategic communications using phone calls, text messaging, email, print, social media and other media to ensure high conversion/yield rates
- Maintains ongoing, thorough knowledge of BCCC’s academic, co-curricular, and financial aid programs to ensure we are providing comprehensive, truthful, and factual information that will allow all parties to make informed decisions
- Assists with the daily operations of the Office of Admissions, as needed
- Attends on-site and remote functions such as college fairs, college nights, career fairs, secondary school events, community events, and other recruitment/cultivation events
- Makes referrals to appropriate student support services and resources
- Utilizes various software packages such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data or reports
- Assists with high school dual enrollment recruitment initiatives, events, and registration
- Assists with on-campus activities, including pre-admissions presentations and open houses
- Assists with the review and data entry of admissions applications
- Processes transcript related mail for Admissions
- Reviews high school transcripts to establish initial college-level math and English placement
- May coordinate communication with the student, internal and external offices regarding results of transcript evaluations and standing in the admissions process
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Demonstrated success in college admissions recruitment or related field such as sales
- Demonstrated effective public speaking skills
- Ability to travel and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment
- Demonstrated success in effectively and professionally communicating with a diverse group of students, staff, faculty, and members of the community
- Strong office skills and ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion at all times Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Aptitude to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to utilize multiple systems in transition between tasks
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to drive to different locations/regions in Maryland
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Bi-lingual (prefer Spanish speaking and English)
- Experience in admissions office operations and related procedures
- Familiarity with college CRM systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail