Libraries & Learning Commons Information Specialist - FWS Only (2022/2023)Student Position Type:
Federal Work StudyAppointment Type:
We offer flexible work hours, based on the student worker’s availability.Hiring Manager:
This position will require at least 5 hours per week.
This position will work an in person schedule with shifts that must be worked on campus
Donna WilliamsJob Description Summary:
Information Specialists assist patrons of the Libraries & Learning Commons departments (Wilson Library, Academic Success Center and the Center for Teaching & Learning), providing customer service and front desk support for students, staff, and faculty members.Specific Duties:
- Learn policies, procedures, resources and programs specific to the unit, which may include but is not limited to job attendance & customer service expectations, the call numbering system of library books, 25Live room-booking, the unit’s website, and the various job positions & their duties within the unit.
- Unit operations processing and maintenance, which may include but is not limited to retrieving & returning books from/to shelves, labeling & packaging of requested books to be sent out to patrons, searching for missing books, refilling of paper in patron printers & copiers, maintaining neatness of the patron areas.
- Assist & support unit patrons, which may include but is not limited to answering the phone, retrieving voicemail messages, rescheduling of tutoring as becomes necessary, checking in/out books & technical equipment, scheduling of rooms, minor hardware & software use support.
- Other duties as assigned by Wilson Library professional staff members.
- Good verbal and written command of English language.
- Google docs
- MS Office Suite
- Good organizational skills
- Good customer service orientation
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
06/01/2023Open Until Filled: