Post Office Coordinator Tracking Code858-280Job Description
This position will be responsible for providing the oversight necessary to ensure the University Post Office operates in conformance with the United States Postal Service standards.
- Participates in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail from US Post Office
- Assures provision of complete postal window service (sale of postage, postcards, envelopes, etc.) plus information and facilitation of first through fourth class regular mail, and book, library, bulk, express, priority, registered, insured and certified special mail services to all domestic and international locations
- Participates in the sorting and distribution of incoming/outgoing parcels from UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.
- Prepares parcels for mailing and shipping. Receives and distributes US Postal Service Express mail, UPS and FedEx, and maintains appropriate accurate records regarding postage for certified, registered and express mail requiring special handling
- Oversee daily campus mail delivery – including weekday mornings and afternoon pickup – deliveries to all departments
- Collects, weighs, determines proper classification and affixes postage to outgoing mail, utilizing electronic automated mail processing equipment.
- Keeps current on all mailing and shipping standards for USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. to assure compliance
- Responsible for accuracy and security of stamp stock and cash drawer, including reconciliations of stock and cash
- Makes deposits to Finance office
- Monitors chargebacks generated by departmental outgoing pre-sort (discounted) mail, plus department’s first, third, fourth and international mail, entering each department’s daily total into an automated system and producing and distributing weekly reports of total postal charges to all campus departments. Generates pre-sort chargebacks to departments
- Maintains account balances with UP Postal Service for the following: account postage due, business reply, express mail and bulk mail logs, debits and reconciles each account daily requesting checks/wires from the Finance office to replenish as needed to assure sufficient funds in each account at all times to cover appropriate mailings
- Responsible for daily record-keeping of charges generated by departments
- On a continuing basis, maintains updated mailing lists of students, faculty, and staff
- Issues mail box assignments to new students, maintains and updated records
- On a continuing basis, forwards mail to students, faculty and staff. Maintains forwarding addresses of former students and faculty on automated systems and forwards all mail received that is undeliverable on campus
- Recommends changes/additions in postal procedures and schedules
- Recommends changes in postal equipment and services (pre-sort, mail prep, etc.) as appropriate
- Adds funds to electronic postage (Stamps.com) as needed
- Maintains the inventory/stock levels of supplies from USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Etc. and reorders as needed
- Assists, when needed, in the supervision and scheduling of student workers
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Purchasing and Business Services
Minimum Education: High School diploma/GED
- Good working background in Microsoft Office software and related programs
- Good recordkeeping skills
- Duties require the regular, and at times, sustained performance of heavier physical tasks such as walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, and lifting or carrying moderately heavy items (20-50lbs.) and occasionally heavier items (51-100+ lbs.).
- Also involves frequent use of hand truck, dolly or carts to load/unload deliveries
- Minimum high school diploma and 2 (two) years experience in a Post Office, mailroom or office
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the University’s auto insurance carrier
Salary grade: 3
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular