Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business OperationsPosition Type:
E2 - SAAO II 12 Month Leave EarningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
Our purpose continues to be discovering and developing champions in life. We strive to foster a culture of integrity and excellence across our 17 programs, offering the highest quality experience for student-athletes.Position Summary:
We are committed to academic and athletic excellence. We expect to win championships. We expect to honor students for their academic achievements. We will continue to work every day to make this community proud and ensure that the Spartans are in fact Greensboro’s hometown team. We will embrace a culture that is clear and consistent in its priorities.
The Senior Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations is responsible for ensuring that all departmental staff abides by all institutional policies and procedures relative to the areas of business and human resources. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of all policies and procedures relative to a comprehensive program. This individual is responsible for following the policies and procedures of the University, Conference, and the NCAA in all day-to-day operations.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University. Demonstrated expertise in written and oral communication skills, organization, management, and planning is essential. The position requires someone with initiative and an energy level that will enable the individual to work long hours. The position requires evening and weekend assignments.Preferred Qualifications:
A master’s degree and/or knowledge of university budgeting and accounting practices are preferred or at least three years collegiate accounting experience is preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Commensurate with ExperienceOrg #-Department:
Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001Job Open Date:
04/26/2022Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Business OperationsEssential Tasks:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the business office.
- Manage and supervise the Business Manager (Business Services Coordinator).
- Provide quality control management for the entire athletics department including budget, financial and human resource procedures.
- Assist in short and long-range planning.
- Manage the athletic scholarship program.
- Prepare and monitor the athletics annual budget for all sports programs, support areas, and camps.
- Prepare and/or verify for accuracy any necessary paperwork for all departmental staff/team expenses, via BANFIN-32, TRV-1, TRV-2, and interdepartmental forms.
- Monitor and audit the book purchasing system for all eligible student-athletes including thorough record-keeping of all transactions on a semester basis.
- Act as Athletic Department liaison to the Offices of Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Financial Planning & Budgets, Cashier’s, Bookstore, Human Resources, and Student Employment.
- Act as Athletic Department Purchasing Card (P-Card) Coordinator, which encompasses setting up new cardholders, educating current holders of the current policies and any changes to these policies, and reconciling all charges through PCWS.
Percentage Of Time:
- Process all Purchase Order requests and payment requests once goods are received.
- Act as Athletic Department Human Resources liaison and perform all HR and Payroll duties. These include preparing all Affirmative Action paperwork for searches, processing all applicants, and placing all new department staff on payroll. This also includes placing all student and temporary staff on payroll and processing all timesheets on a monthly basis for all staff, both permanent and temporary.
- Manage all athletic deposits. Monitor all camp, marketing, and ticket deposits.
- Work with Greensboro Coliseum regarding Men’s Basketball season reconciliation for all revenue and expenses.
- Prepare the NCAA’s Revenue and Expense and the Department of Education’s Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act reports annually.
Oversee full-time employees.Percentage Of Time:
Adhere to all University, state, conference, and NCAA policies.Physical Effort:
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions, Hand Movement-Grasping, Holding, Reading, Writing, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures, Vision-Visual inspection, Talking, Sitting