Date: April 27, 2022
Title: Operations and CRM Systems Specialist
Description: The Associate Director for Technology and Operations seeks applicants for the Operations and CRM Systems Specialist position on our admissions team at Hartwick College. We are looking for someone who is very detail oriented, enjoys finding and solving data mysteries, able to multitask, pivot on a moment's notice, and adaptable. We seek an innovator with a strong sense of direction and high diagnostic abilities.
- Serve as one of our CRM (Salesforce/TargetX) power users. This role includes independent decision making including but not limited to data integrity and data management, the ability to merge, delete, and edit records within our CRM to keep student data updated which will become the official student record in the Ellucian SIS. Also responsible for ensuring that prospective students are moving technologically through the enrollment funnel to ensure proper workflows and communications are triggered appropriately.
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy in all information systems where our prospective student data lives with the expectation of independently identifying and correcting errors. These systems include “Demand Tools” which enables the use to check thousands of records at a time using over 15 different scenarios to check for duplicates and errors.
- Maintain the flow of data between our CRM and SIS and identifying correcting errors using various platforms such as Informatica and Axiom. Monitor all task flows daily in Informatica and check from 5-300 records per day through Axiom.
- Responsible for all imports into our CRM such as applications, college fair names, test scores, and more. This can include importing through various platforms, manual entry, checking for and correcting errors.
- Process completion documents received electronically from various sources including Parchment, Naviance, email, and mail ensuring coding is accurate and documents are attached to each student’s CRM record properly.
- Follow up with guidance counselors for transcript requests to complete application files.
- After an application is reviewed this team member enters the admissions decision. This includes but is not limited to status changes, GPA, scholarships, etc.
- Work closely with our financial aid department on scholarships, updates, new additions, and providing a list of approved sibling grants.
- Responsible for creating and sending all mailed and emailed personalized decision letters and related communications sent to students and their families.
- Process all enrollment deposits sent online or by mail.
- Process any paid cancels.
- Manage the new student Three Year Degree Program including the tracking, candidate review process and all associated communications.
- Run reports through various sources including Informer, TargetX and appropriate software systems.
- Open, sort, date-stamp and distribute daily incoming mail for the Admissions department.
- Cover for other team members as needed when on vacation, including but not limited to covering the main admissions phone line and scheduling/confirming visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations.
- As a representative of the College, expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
: Minimum requirements for this position include a high school diploma or GED with at least six months to one year of experience in a similar office setting.All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
- Extremely detail oriented. We are looking for that person that loves lists and triple checking their work.
- Team player. Someone that is willing to always step up and help and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrate high level knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) Excel sort, filter, v-look up, mail merge experience preferred.
- Knowledge of information systems such as Datatel and Salesforce/TargetX is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills. Someone that can go above and beyond always with a smile on their face.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi task.
- Flexibility to operate effectively and efficiently within the normal ebb and flow of types and volume of work typical in higher education enrollment offices.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”
Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and a celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders—what you do at Hartwick really matters.
Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
A cover letter;A resume; A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); andThe names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.