Date: April 27, 2022
Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Description: Under the supervision of the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), the Human Resources Coordinator performs a wide variety of administrative duties in a fast-paced environment. The HR Coordinator has responsibilities that include fringe benefits administration, employment and orientation processes and supports the CHRO with a wide array of administrative functions. The Coordinator fosters positive employee relations and offers counsel and advice relative to fringe benefits, college procedures/policies and federal/state mandates. The Coordinator is responsible for working within the College’s new Payroll/HR system (Paycom) to implement human resource processes, monitor functionality, and make updates and changes when necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the College’s new Payroll/HR system and software provider (Paycom), and finance and human resource colleagues to complete the buildout of the human resource processes and modules. Will monitor functionality, and will make updates and changes when necessary in consultation with HR and Finance colleagues.
- Prepare/process appointment letters and assist with the maintenance of the employee database.
- Review and update job descriptions, postings, and advertisements for non-faculty positions as necessary.
- Answer candidate inquiries relative to employment and benefits.
- Event scheduling and coordination, including the annual service years’ award ceremony, employee wellness fair and other employee events.
- Fringe benefits administration including assisting employees with enrollment, cancellations and changes.
- Update organizational charts and Employee Handbook as necessary.
- Prepare employment transition paperwork for departing employees, process cancellations for various benefits.
- Assist with recruitment processes including use of applicant tracking system.
- Prepare reports, mailing lists and queries for the HR office and other departments as necessary. Assist with assessments and data tracking as needed.
- Assist in a variety of departmental projects including compliance, research, statistical reports/surveys, training and development, employee relations, etc.
- Participate in and support HR student internship opportunities and other FlightPath initiatives as indicated in the HR Unit Plan.
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local, and associational laws, rules and regulations.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external constituents.
- Participate in significant campus activities, including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
- As a representative of the College, comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum requirement for this position is 1 to 3 years of experience in human resources, with 3 to 5 years’ experience in human resources preferred. An Associate’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in business, human resources or a comparable field, or a Bachelor’s degree are preferred. Experience with electronic payroll/human resources software and system, experience with Paycom is a plus.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
- Progressive Human Resources experience
- Experience with integrating external software; systems management experience preferred.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with a high level of accuracy
- Experience in higher education environment is helpful
- Experience in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications; experience with Microsoft software (Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Ability to anticipate needs
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”
Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and a celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders—what you do at Hartwick really matters.
Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process.
All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.