The Office of University Controller (OUC) is responsible for managing the university’s system of record – the Financial System – and its interfaces with purchasing, payables, human resources, and other subsystems, including the Cognos Reporting System. It works closely with the campus controllers, the state controller, and the state auditor’s office to ensure that fiscal practices comply with external and internal rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. The OUC communicates fiscal policies and procedures to the university community through its news blog, website, and training programs, and provides direct assistance to faculty, staff, and other individuals through the Finance & Procurement Help Desk. The office also administers a Continuing Professional Education program and the CU Innovation & Efficiency (CU I&E) employee recognition program.Position Description
The Financial Systems Analyst will work with a team of analysts that are responsible for providing first and second line support to all of the business users of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials suite including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Asset Management; as well as subsystems interfaces including PeopleSoft human capital management (HCM) system, PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, Concur Travel and Expense, and Jaggaer e-Procurement. The person in this position will be part of a team that serves as a campus liaison between University Information Systems and campuses to support business operations, satisfy inquiries, resolve issues, and support the application.This position reports to the Director of Financial and Reporting Systems and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff. COVID-19
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirementDuties and Responsibilities
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Who we are and What we offerWho we are:
- Provide first line (level 1) support for PeopleSoft Financials applications, including logging, triaging, conducting initial diagnosis, and first line resolution
- Maintain account and org trees
- Update chart of account values requiring system administration changes.
- Review AR suspense journals, create suspense correction journal entries and notify campuses of updates to projects and speedtype
- Provide support for issues or user questions with the ePERS effort reporting system
- Schedule necessary meetings for both technical and functional users to review outstanding enhancement requests and monitor work required for audit findings.
- Coordinate testing of changes to the ePERS system.
- Partner with Finance and IT personnel to support business operations to satisfy inquiries, resolve issues, and support applications.
- System test new or upgraded Cognos finance reports.
- Support PeopleSoft financial system update and patch initiatives.
- Undertake project based duties in the IT system implementation lifecycle such as analysis and testing.
- Assist with subsystem accounting and reconciliation with reporting.
- Assist with General Ledger month-end closings, year-end closings, allocation processing, and overall troubleshooting.
- Foster teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Ensures project integration by communicating activities to supervisor, appropriate project team members, and business users.
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position has the ability to work 100% remotely. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
.What we offer:Salary:
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $75,000-$81,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and organization skills, including with both business users and technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to complete thorough and accurate research and appropriately apply to projects assigned
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and project management skills
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet
all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in IT, Accounting, or Finance (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience).
- Three (3) years of experience in a PeopleSoft production support, business, or systems analyst role which must include:
- Experience in two or more of the following PeopleSoft Finance 9.x modules:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Management
- Experience and expertise in PeopleSoft 9.x General Ledger.
- Experience and expertise in utilizing SQL or PeopleSoft Query.
- Five (5) years of experience in a PeopleSoft production support, business, or systems analyst role, as indicated above.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prior work experience in the State of Colorado, college or university, or oversight agency.
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Apr 26, 2022Unposting Date: