Open Rank, Tenure Line Faculty in Nursing BSN-MSNJob Posting Number:
St. David's School of NursingPosition Description:
The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University seeks a dynamic, innovative educator interested in a faculty position in a rapidly evolving environment. Qualified candidates are passionate about teaching and mentoring nursing students, have a reputation for collegial interactions, and are committed to research, scholarship, and service. Candidates are committed to preparing graduates who are caring nurses, patient advocates, and visionary leaders.Required Qualifications:
The nine-month tenure-track appointment, with possible summer employment, reports to the Director, St. David’s School of Nursing on the Texas State University’s Round Rock Campus. The School of Nursing is one of eight academic programs in the College of Health Professions. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The responsibilities include participation in curriculum development and teaching courses across programs (B.S.N. and/or M.S.N.) where qualified. Interest in and ability to utilize simulation is a requirement for teaching in the nursing programs. A program of research is required, as well as academic service to the department, college and university. www.nursing.txstate.edu
To assure full consideration in the first round, applications must be submitted by January 31, 2022. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
1. Earned research doctorate in nursing or related field and a B.S.N. or M.S.N. If research doctorate is in progress, must be awarded prior to start of academic term (start date).Preferred Qualifications:
2. Eligible for Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Texas.
3. Demonstrated current clinical competence as a Registered Nurse with at least two years experience.
4. Record of accomplishments in research, teaching, and academic or professional service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of a tenure line assistant professor, associate professor, or professor in a School or College of Nursing. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school standards, including any prior service in a tenure-earning position.
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning (classroom, virtual, simulation, lab) and consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals demonstrated during on campus interview and presentation.
1. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and/or professional development.Application Procedures:
2. Record of accomplishments, or potential, for grantsmanship and/or extramural funding.
3. Certified in one or more nursing specialties.
4. Demonstrated collegial leadership and team development.
5. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review, assessment, and curriculum design.
6. Teaching experience with formats of distance education and /or online instruction.
7. Teaching experience with simulation or virtual education.
8. Experience in building and/or promoting communication relationships and partnerships in clinical or academic settings.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/36752Proposed Start Date:
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following by January 31, 2022: a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Fall 2022Posting Date:
11/19/2021Full Consideration Date::
01/31/2022Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Reasonable Accommodation:
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Faculty and Academic Resources for assistance at [email protected]. A representative from Faculty and Academic Resources will respond to you as soon as is possible.Record Checks and Verifications:
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.Tobacco-Free Campus:
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.Why Work at Texas State?:
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: