In support of the overall Learning College, it is the responsibility of the Dean to supervise and administer assignments within the department; to administer all appropriate personnel and institutional policies; to evaluate curriculum and provide leadership in changes, expansions, and deletions of same and to encourage and evaluate professional growth of instructors within the department.
Full-time and Adjunct Faculty
Instructional Support Staff
- Faculty – Full-time and part-time
- Screen for employment, supervise, annually evaluate, encourage professional development and assist faculty in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Maintain curricula to meet the needs of our service area and students. Programs including a wide variety of programs included within the areas of Applied Sciences and Engineering Technology and Business Sciences.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Customized Training and Development in development and delivery of workforce training
- Conduct program review and evaluation of curricula
- Schedule classes in service area to include off-campus business, industry, and high school courses as requested
- Provide appropriate staffing to meet curricula needs
- Teach one (1) course or three (3) credit hours per year
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State, Local, and SACSCOC guidelines and standards
- Staff – Full-time and part-time
- Screen for employment, supervise, annually evaluate, and assist in carrying out their responsibilities
- Propose and administer budget to include equipment, materials and supplies, travel and staffing
- Monitor budgetary duties assigned to Administrative Assistant (materials, supplies and travel)
- Apply, manage, and coordinate, as needed, grant funded opportunities as they pertain to Applied and Business Sciences and Engineering Technology that support the mission of the college
- V. General Administration
- Serve on committees as assigned
- Conduct division meetings
- Provide leadership in meeting the goals and carrying out the mission of the College
- Provide leadership for the development and maintenance of program advisory committees
- Maintain awareness of college policies and ensure compliance where appropriate
- Participate in College Council and Academic Council meetings