STEM Educational Coordinator Tracking Code497-262Job Description
Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning which provides persons the opportunity to attain their educational goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community, and global needs.
The Educational Coordinator will work with the Lakeshore Fab Lab Team to develop, deliver, and refine facilitated, educational programs with home and K-12 schools. The successful candidate will support, market, coordinate, and administer a wide range of STEM educational activities for learners of all ages (through learning labs, exhibit exploration guides, STEM camps, other programs, and resources). This includes, face-to-face (and virtual) presentations and workshops, workforce development programs, (e-learning courses), and training opportunities for students, Fab Lab members, community members, and businesses while maintaining working knowledge of trends in STEM education along with local, state, and national standards.
This position is grant funded
Hours: Thursday/Friday 7:30AM-4PM, Saturday 10AM- 2PM
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Bachelor’s degree in education or closely related field, preferred, or associate degree with classroom experience required.
- Ability to engage with a diverse student K-12 population including a variety of ethnic, socioeconomic, and ability levels.
- Knowledge of STEM curriculum.
- K-12 Teaching Certificate (current or expired) preferred.
- Knowledge of the Fab Lab and experience with advanced technology and makerspace equipment (i.e., 3-D printers, lasers, robotics, electronics, coding, etc.) or an interest to learn preferred.
- Highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the College.
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers and community partners.
- Ability to problem solve in the moment.
- 1st Aid/CPR Certified preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, which transcend diverse audiences.
- Ability to work weekends and nights.
- Development of STEM curriculum that connects to high tech/applied tech industry relevant careers for K-12 tours and events.
- Collaboration with homeschool families to develop STEM lesson plans and activities.
- Create displays for STEM activities and advanced technology careers.
- Coordination with regional K-12 schools to schedule events and field trips to the STEM Lab.
- Collaboration with regional partners to plan and execute a variety of STEM related activities for K-12 aged students.
- Contributing to the team decisions on purchasing and maintaining of STEM materials, equipment, and lab space.
- Assist in planning and/or overseeing of Lakeshore Fab Lab events and classes.
- Maintain documentation for the Consumers Energy People Grant.
- On/Off-site events and presentations as required.
- Assist with the development of marketing, social media, promotion, and print materials.
- Development and maintain social media platform.
- Recruiting, coordination and management of volunteers.
- Develop and host STEM- based camps for students of all ages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements Include:
☒ Detailed Work
☒ Student Contact
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Emergency Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Working with Others
☐ Standing & Walking
☐ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☐ Up to 25 lbs. ☐ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 + lbs.
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl ☐ Squatting
☐ Handle or Feel
☐ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☒ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth Perceptions
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold; and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus locations required.
Job LocationMuskegon, Michigan, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time