Part Time Communications and Engagement Manager (Temporary)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Part Time Communications and Engagement Manager (Temporary)Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description Summary
The Communications and Engagement Manager is a part-time position (20-30 hours per week) reporting to the Director of Communications, Wellness at Penn. The Communications and Engagement Manager is responsible for developing on-brand content and graphics and implementing them across all communications channels, including social media. The Communications and Engagement Manager will create and execute social media branding guidelines, helping the Division to achieve their mission, vision, and values through outreach, engagement, and communications.
The Communications and Engagement Manager will create and maintain health-related content for the Wellness at Penn department, consisting of Student Health and Counseling and Public Health and Wellbeing divisions, in addition to ongoing COVID-19 communications. The ideal candidate will help to create a more seamless user experience across all digital platforms and assist the Director of Communications to find opportunities to improve communications and engagement strategies with the respective audiences.Job DescriptionEssential Qualifications:
- A passion for communications, strategy, engagement, and social media utilization.
- Experience in graphic design - Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, etc.
- A broad understanding and experience in a wide range of social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Strong writing and verbal skills. Ability to convey institutional ‘voice.'
- Strong reporting skills, including experience in live tweeting and/or posting Instagram stories at events.
- Portfolio of social photography and videography, demonstrating the ability to shoot, select, edit and post quickly to social media channels.
- Must show initiative and use sound judgment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively and with creative teams.
- Highly developed time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to handle and keep confidential highly-sensitive information.
- Ability to originate story ideas and carry them out.
- Strong ability to lead and manage a high volume of projects and deadlines.
- Good organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and set standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 Applications, primarily PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
Education and Experience
- An understanding of how strategy, particularly within social media, can improve communications efforts.
- Experience in website design and editing, and knowledge of Content Management Systems, specifically WordPress and/or Drupal a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
- Experience with video and photo editing software:
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Experience in higher education communication.
- Experience working with social media management systems, such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, social media, or similar role.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Health and WellnessPay Range
$7.25 - $155.75Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3535-Market/Part-Time-Communications-and-Engagement-Manager--Temporary-_JR00051714
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency