Part Time Medical Billing and Coding Instructor Location:
UNG - Multi Campus Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The University of North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education Division is seeking student-focused instructors to teach non-credit courses in Medical Billing and Coding. Courses are designed for adult learners on our Cumming, Dahlonega, and Gainesville campuses. Courses typically meet two times per week day or evening with in-person and online options.
- Prepare and deliver classroom lectures and labs during the required course hours using provided instructional materials and instructor-chosen supplemental resources that adequately cover the knowledge, skills, terminology, goals and objectives of each chapter.
- Ensure instruction and materials reflect current standards of practice and remain informed of changes to accepted procedures and standards of practice.
- Incorporate knowledge components of the national certification exam in classroom and laboratory instruction.
- Use laboratory exercises to reinforce clinical skills and to closely model typical working environments in the particular medical field.
- Use both written and clinical assessment to help students identify areas that need additional study and practice.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and progress and communicate any issues to PCE staff in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for additions to or upgrading of overall curriculum, course materials, lab spaces, and textbooks.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must present “self” as a professional role model at all times.
- Strong computer skills needed.
- High School diploma/GED Required.
- Possess current knowledge of and 5+ years of experience in medical billing and coding.
- Must have experience with the Zoom platform as well as reliable internet connection.
- Medical Billing and Coding certificate preferred.
- Prior adult instructional experience is preferred, but not required.
Required Documents to Attach
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
This role is considered a position of trust.
Position of Trust
Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.