Fresno Pacific University's growing STEM programs invite applications for a tenure-track faculty member in Chemistry to begin for the fall semester 2022.
- Teach in the baccalaureate program(s). Area of specialization is open but must be able to teach in one or more of the following areas: physics [both the algebra-based and calculus-based series], chemistry, engineering, or computer or data sciences.
- Develop curriculum in area of expertise.
- Pursue an active scholarly professional development agenda while promoting a focus on student-faculty collaborative research.
- Direct supervision of students in undergraduate research.
- Mentor and advise majors in the physical sciences or software engineering majors, depending on area of expertise (as well as general education students).
- Regular communication with students regarding their progress. Maintenance of student academic records.
- Doctorate in chemistry, physics, or a related field (ABD candidates will be considered; completion of a terminal degree is a requisite for continued employment).
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching with a commitment to quality undergraduate instruction with attention to student success as an indicator of academic excellence.
- Must be open to teaching in both traditional undergraduate and accelerated degree programs both in-person and online (or in a hybrid, Hi-Flex format).
- Ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a collegial environment.
- Evidence of passion for student mentoring.
- Able to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
Complete job description at http://www.fresno.edu/careers.