To assist and aid the Philanthropy Specialists Team in the goal of increasing alumni and parent participation via a number of different communication methods.
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contact Alumni/Parents using phone, email, mail and LinkedIn, to update them on the university, update contact information and build up to gift requests.
- Handle a portfolio of Alumni/Parents and keep track of communication in our database.
- Assist the Assistant Director in creating communication strategies.
- Work alongside the Development Team in reaching the goal of Alumni/Parent participation.
- As an Ambassador for Florida Tech, you will introduce yourself and encourage Alumni to support their Alma Mater and Parents to support their students future Alma Mater.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
Applicant must be currently enrolled in College.
- A positive attitude is most important and required.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential and required, as telephone and email will be the primary source of contact.
- Confidence in navigating through Microsoft Teams, Excel, and Social Media.
- Able to work as a team.
Official transcripts of all collegiate work must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All international degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES).
Florida Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Florida Tech does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Office of Title IX at John E. Miller Office Building (401QAD), 150 West University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901, TitleIXCoordinator@fit.edu, or 321-674-8885, or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling the Office of Human Resource at 321-674-8100.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Notifications, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.fit.edu/media/site-specific/wwwfitedu/security/documents/20200776_FINAL2_ASR-MainCampus.pdf
We are an E-verify employer