: Humanities, Fine & Performing ArtsLocations:
: Niceville, FLPosted:
: Apr 26, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Fulfill contractual obligations for full instructional load during fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Provide excellence in instruction within the Fine and Performing Arts Department for undergraduate students, including online courses.
- Assist in development and evaluation of curriculum as appropriate.
- Utilize approved textbook(s) and/or other instructional materials as approved.
- Collaborate with administration, faculty, and staff to ensure student success.
- Provide student guidance and support.
- Provide vision and choreography for the Division of Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts Including Dance Facets and Raider Rhythms.
- Coordinate all dance master classes and community outreach.
- Advise students, schedule interviews and portfolio reviews, and act as primary point of contact for dance scholarships.
- Participate in division recruitment activities.
- Participate in college committees and work groups as assigned.
- Coordinate and promote student participation in appropriate competitions, conferences, and festivals.
- Engage in institutional service, professional development, and other duties as assigned.
- Complete mandatory compliance training.
- Assignments may be made at any location within the service territory and may require physical presence.
- College paid health insurance for employee, dependent coverage at employee's expense
- College paid basic life insurance for employee, additional coverage for employee and/or dependents at employee's expense
- College paid retirement with 3% employee contribution to the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Optional dental and vision insurance at employee's expense
- Sick Leave accrual
- Time off for designated holidays, winter break, and spring break
- Free tickets to designated Mattie Kelly and Raider Athletic events
- Minimum of a master's degree in Dance or a master's degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Dance.
- Proficiency with teaching technologies, including lecture-capture software (e.g., Camtasia or Kaltura).
- Demonstrated evidence of professional development growth through participation in continuing education and other related activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An earned doctorate in Dance or a related field with 18 graduate hours in Dance preferred.
- Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success with online teaching preferred.
All degrees must be from a regionally-accredited postsecondary institution. This full-time 9-month position is eligible for continuing contract status and is contingent upon board approval and funding. Starting date is August 2022.
Classification: Nine-Month Instructional Personnel
Salary Range: $51,714.00 - $71,322.00 (Based on level of degree and experience. Salary may be enhanced by supplemental teaching.)
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Review of Applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position and your educational philosophy.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts.
*After submitting your resume, the following page will allow you to upload additional documents.The maximum allowable size for uploading documents is 10 MB. Documents exceeding 10 MB must be scanned at a lower resolution or divided into separate pages to reduce file size.