The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denvers physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
With general supervision from the foreman, this position performs repairs and maintenance at a semi-skilled level in multiple trade areas.
- Performs work in at least three or more trade areas such as, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting.
- Installs and /or replaces the following: ceiling tile, suspended ceilings, floor tile, ceramic tile, steel studs, sheetrock, plastic laminate, screens, drapery rods, door hardware, brick work, concrete, painting and patching, shelving, pumps, motors, filters, electrical switches, receptacles and ballasts.
- Operates power equipment that includes power saws, sanders, drill presses and other equipment as required.
- When requested, reports for emergency snow removal, times can vary but tend to early AM. Removes snow from walks, steps, ramps, and parking lots by power equipment or shovel.
- May be required to direct lower classifications, permanent and temporary assigned personnel.
- Assists other trades that require a specific license or certification.
- Read blueprints and works from sketches, layouts or penciled drawings.
- Drives to sites with tools and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as material safety data sheets, operating manuals, and work orders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with University customers (students, staff, faculty and visitors).
- Basic math skills required when measuring, and performing take offs for miscellaneous jobs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and diagrams or schedule form.
- Ability to assess quickly a variety of data in emergencies in order to develop effective solutions.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software applications.
- Reads blueprints and works from sketches, layouts or penciled drawings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weights and measure areas and board feet.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Five years experience in three out of the five following trades; carpentry, plumbing, painting, HVAC and electrical trades.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Drivers License and be insurable under University guidelines.
- Pass a pre-employment physical exam, and lift 100 lbs.
- Familiar working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software, including WebTMA.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works: near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions where they are exposed to wet, humid, and hot and cold conditions, around electricity, with chemicals and around fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally while performing the duties of this job, the employee works: in high places from extension ladders and scaffolding and in confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high, but is usually moderate.
Unexpected interruptions often occur, and stress level is moderate to high.
Moderate to strenuous physical effort is required. This position requires extended periods of standing, walking, using hands to handle, hold and control tools and objects, reaching with arms, stooping, kneeling or crawling. This job also requires pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying of objects of up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Needs to identify and distinguish color. Should be able to wear approved OSHA respirators.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) May 11, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 05.
The hourly rate for the position is $20.08.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.