Job Code and Payroll Title
009252 HOSP BLANK AST 2 Job Summary
The Rehabilitative Services Aide, the H_A II, reports to the therapists of a particular service and provides both direct and indirect patient care services. At this level, the employee is responsible for the treatment of patients who require the direct supervision and daily guidance of an occupational, physical and/or speech therapist. The Rehabilitative Aide works primarily with adult and geriatric patients from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, although pediatric and adolescent patients may also be treated. The Rehabilitative Aide actively participates in departmental and organizational programs, including performance improvement activities, inservices and staff development activities. Organization
Rehab AideEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
Days, WeekendsBargaining Unit
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees - Patient Care Technical Unit (AFSCME-EX) Job Category
Rehab Services Required Qualifications
- Possession of a high school diploma.
- Prior patient care experience in inpatient and/or outpatient rehab or related setting or volunteer experience in rehab or related setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to recognize signs of physiological distress.
- Proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, and on line communication.
- Possession of good interpersonal, time management, problem solving and self-initiation skills.
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
- Prior patient care experience in an acute care rehab setting.
- Prior experience working with an interdisciplinary health provider team.
- Prior experience working in an academic medical center environment.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Knowledge of rehab equipment
- Possession of current CPR certification.
Full TimeDepartment Name
Rehabilitative Services - InpatientEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Parnassus Heights (SF)