Job Code and Payroll Title
009313 CLIN SOCIAL WORKER 3 Job Summary
The Clinical Social Worker provides psychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, brief therapeutic
interventions, consultation, education, medical/surgical case management, community linkages and supportive
services for identified patients, families and staff.
The Social Worker provides age-appropriate assessments, interpretation of data, and delivery of interventions.
Demonstrates the ability to work with any patient regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation, cultural beliefs,
lifestyle, disease process or treatment plan within an interdisciplinary team that may include an attending
physician, resident physician, clinical nurse specialist and/or nurse practitioner, health coach and other
members of the outpatient practice staff. Incumbent plans for and monitors services and interventions ensuring
provision of quality care.
UCSF Transgender Care is a growing multidisciplinary group of providers and services at UCSF Health offering
gender affirming medical and surgical interventions for adults. Services currently include primary care and
hormone therapy, chest surgery, gynecology and gynecologic surgery, vocal health, reproductive health,
genital surgery (vaginoplasty and phalloplasty). UCSF Transgender Care’s mission is to provide high quality,
evidence-driven, patient-centered gender affirming medical and surgical care to all transgender, gender nonbinary, and gender non-conforming people, to conduct cutting edge research on transgender medical and
surgical care, guided by community participation, and to teach our key principles of evidence-based,
community-informed transgender care and research to the next generation of medical providers. The
program’s vision is to eliminate disparities in access to transgender medical care and improve the quality and
quantity of transgender medical and surgical research.Organization
Clinical Social Worker II/IIIEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX) Job Category
Professional and ManagerialRequired Qualifications
• Graduate with a MSW .from an Accredited School of Social Work
• Two (2) years of experience in a healthcare setting required
• Familiarity with an electronic medical record program and/or Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness, effective written and oral communication, diplomacy, and
organizational and analytic skills.
• Self-directed, assertive and creative in problem solving, systems planning and patient care
management in a high volume work environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrates case management skills and experience in the community health care delivery system.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills relating to the frail elderly, functionally impaired
adults, their support systems and teams of health professionals.
• This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations.
• Position will require minimum 10 hours/year continuing education in the area of transgender healthPreferred Qualifications
Bilingual fluency highly preferred; English/Spanish or another language.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker able to Work in the state of California, or licensed in another state and
eligible for California licensure
• Prior experience working directly with transgender patients in a clinical setting
• Experience with medical/surgial social work and case managementLicense/Certification
- For CSW III’s only: Current California State License of Clinical Social Work in good standing
Full TimeDepartment Name
Transgender Care ProgramEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Hybrid-Remote, Montgomery Street (SF)