Job Code and Payroll Title
004819 PRACTICE CRD 2
As a patient-focused organization, UCSF Medical Center exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. UCSF Medical Center seeks faculty and staff that are committed to the values of professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity, and excellence that are integral to our mission.
The Practice Coordinator 2 is primarily responsible for representing the administrative team as the public face of the Practice and works closely with the administrative, clinical and management teams to support practice operations and customer service recovery and intervention efforts. S/he provides support to all functions of the administrative teams including but not limited to: CRM messages, telephone encounters, referrals, APeX in-baskets, scanning, filing, authorizations, and billing.
The PC 2 is responsible for the maintenance of all routine clerical operations and communications. S/he adheres to the UCSF House and Telephone Standards and is sensitive to the needs of patients, staff and providers at all times. The PA 2 is a team player who works closely with others and who is flexible in dealing with the changing priorities. S/he is a self-reliant individual who synthesizes his/her knowledge of practice operations in order to problem-solve, prioritize and facilitate complex transactions in the course of his/her daily activities.
This position makes a difference for patients in an outpatient care unit by providing excellent customer service, facilitating and ensuring the accuracy of the information flow between medical, hospital staff and departments to maximize unit efficiency. The PC2 is required to work at any UCSF campus as needed and scheduled.
Similar Job Titles: Patient Coordinator l Receptionist, Patient Coordinator, Front Desk Coordinator, Medical Front Desk Coordinator, Front Desk Receptionist, Scheduling Coordinator, Call Center Patient Care Coordinator, Front Desk Call Center, Scheduling Care Coordinator, Patient Care Receptionist, Health Care Coordinator, Administrative Coordinator, Intake Coordinator, Surgery Scheduler, Referral Coordinator, Access Coordinator, Healthcare Administration Assistant, Referral and Authorization Coordinator, Surgery Scheduling Clerk, Patient Registration Representative.
Practice Coordinator 2
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday
Teamsters Local 2010 - Clerical and Allied Services Unit (CX)
• High School graduate or equivalent with four years related experience; or college degree and 6 months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successfully passes fingerprinting protocol and is approved to be a cash collector if applicable.
• Strong computer skills, including basic keyboarding skills, and experience with at least two Office-type software programs (i.e., Outlook, Word and Excel). Proven ability to navigate through multiple patient records systems. Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended period of time.
• Ability to analyze situations, prioritizes, and develops solutions and makes recommendations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to use good judgment and work independently, at times under the pressure of deadlines
• Ability to access situations prioritizes workload, develop solutions and make recommendations.
• Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills, both over the telephone and directly.
• Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended periods of time.
• Basic math skills required.
• Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals;
• Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with patients.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Strong writing skills to include the ability to compose, edit, and proof a wide variety of documents.
• Demonstrated administrative/office coordination skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice terminology.
• Within six months of start date, based upon completion of training, the Supervisor completes the proficiency checklist with the employee. This includes the following areas if applicable
o Referrals (Incoming referral entry) and handling all referral WQs
o Pend orders
o Pend smart sets
o Schedule surgeries
o Work applicable work queues
o Enter/edit outside test results
o Messaging (CRM) if applicable
o 2nd calls in CRM if applicable
o Telephone encounters
o My open encounter
o Staff message
o New message
o Route Patient advice request to providers (My Chart)
o Patient Schedule (My Chart)
o Patient look up
o Check in process
o Check out process
o Comment field
o Quick note
• Demonstrated experience in health care (may include medical, dental or veterinary) in the following areas: patient scheduling, insurance verification, medical record data abstraction, or patient financial services.
• Prior experience with appointment, ancillary service or surgical scheduling or a combination of all three.
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, and Russian) strongly preferred.
• Prior experience with EPIC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Mission Bay (SF)