Job Code and Payroll Title
009251 HOSP BLANK AST 3 Job Summary
Under supervision of the Administrative Nurse, guided by policies and procedures of the Ambulatory Services, and in collaboration with the Clinical Nursing Staff, the Hospital Assistant assists in the delivery of care to patients being seen at the CRS Clinical Research Unit. The incumbent will perform assigned patient care and laboratory procedures in support of services provided to patients within the center. The incumbent is required to follow research protocols and maintain all necessary documentation. S/he works as a team member with other staff and consistently projects a professional, caring, and courteous demeanor. Organization
Hospital AssistantEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
DaysAdditional Shift Details
M-F, occasional SaturdaysBargaining Unit
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees - Patient Care Technical Unit (AFSCME-EX) Job Category
Administrative Support, Clinical LabsRequired Qualifications
- High School graduation and three years of appropriate experience, including one year of supervisory experience where applicable; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with subjects, team members, other departments, and outside institutions; and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse subject population.
- Ability to work well independently, complete projects in a timely manner, and prioritize multiple projects to ensure the completion of essential tasks by deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Windows.
- Prior Database experience.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with patients, co-workers, & physicians.
- The incumbent must have the skills and experience to successfully complete blood draws with a population with high rates of mental illness, substance use, histories of ill health and injection drug use.
- This position requires timely data entry of all processing related information from the Laboratory reference forms, CRO Requisitions, and shipping air bills into the sample processing Laboratory information management system Database. This information contains PHI so all necessary precautions must be in place. Time management skills and the ability to follow protocols to ensure that samples are processed within the appropriate time window (ability to assign priority to the most perishable samples).
- Prior experience with APeX (EPIC electronic medical record system)
- Prior experience with Freezerworks Laboratory Information Management System.
- Good Clinical Practices and CITI training
- Prior clinical research experience
Current Phlebotomy license (CPT) Position Type
Full TimeDepartment Name
CTSIEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
The Clinical Research Services (CRS) of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) integrates eight clinical sites across San Francisco and Oakland that provide an array of adult and pediatric services and translate promising research ideas into successful protocols. The CRS provides an array of services, such as Nursing Services and Sample Processing Laboratories. The CRS is the largest NIH funded program in the Clinical and Translational Science Institute. About UCSF
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Parnassus Heights (SF)