Student Success Coach (SSC 1)Posting Number:
Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with individual students that promote student satisfaction and retention. The Student Success Coach (SSC 1) meets the non-classroom support needs of students by providing direct solutions to student-related problems, where possible, and by acting as a relationship manager to ensure campus partners provide effective solutions when not within the SSC 1’s scope. The SSC 1 is the student’s principal, if not exclusive, point of contact in the institution, and as such, is responsible for addressing student issues and complaints as they arise. They serve as a student liaison with other functional areas of the organization and assist in developing and maintaining practices that contribute to student satisfaction and retention. They work as part of the retention team under the direct supervision of an Assistant or Associate Director within the University Student Success Coaching Program. Position qualifies to work remotely subject to CBU Telecommuting policy. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the students’ non-faculty primary point of University contact, develop and build supportive relationships with students through virtual and in-person modalities and efficiently track, trend, and assess student needs.
- Clearly, concisely, and thoroughly advise students on program requirements, academic policies, rules of matriculation, and procedures, assisting with student scheduling and comprehensive degree planning, which may include combinations of academic programs, study abroad, and unforeseen gaps in enrollment and reentry.
- Serve as a primary contributor to the University’s knowledge base concerning student needs and recommend updates and/or changes to programs, policies and processes, as needed.
- Initiate and maintain communication to students via all appropriate media, managing outbound activity including the number, type, and nature of student interactions within caseload.
- Participate in re-recruitment campaigns to re-enter withdrawn students into the University.
- Meet retention goals including percentage of active student case load that is retained: (a) from first to second term, (b) first academic year, and © graduation.
- Participate in or conduct group event sessions to effectively achieve the University’s recruitment, enrollment and retention objectives.
- Meet with chairs and deans on curricular changes, declaration trends, course schedule needs, desired course sequencing, potential career paths, graduate admission requirements, and desired pre-professional and research activities.
- Refer and facilitate student engagement with campus support services.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge, with success in working with students, clients or customers in a service-oriented environment is required.
- Ability to maintain detailed and consistent student records on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to build rapport with students through remote media. In-person interactions may occur but are not a key part of this role.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard or other office equipment. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards.Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience as an academic advisor in a higher education setting is desirable. Open Date:
02/01/2022Open Until Filled:
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.Quick Link to Posting: