HVACR Specialist I - Facilities Management
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionBased on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.Position Summary
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in operating, maintaining and repairing high and low pressure steam and hot water boilers, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, ventilation and related auxiliary equipment; occupational hazards and safety procedures associated with heating, air conditioning and refrigeration operation; standard practices, techniques, materials, tools and equipment of the air conditioning and refrigeration trade such as chillers, water towers, pumps, airhandlers, thermostats, pneumatic and electric controls, condensers and heat pumps.
- The ability to perform electrical, plumbing and welding tasks associated with heating and air conditioning equipment; use a wide variety of hand and power tools, welding equipment and specialty tools associated with heating and air conditioning repairs; prepare and maintain maintenance reports, daily logs and purchasing documents; read and interpret equipment service manuals and technical references.
- Be skilled in the use of tools and test equipment used in air conditioning/refrigeration repair such as ammeters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, leak detectors, pneumatic calibrating gauges, water flow meters, air measuring devices, welding equipment and refrigerant charging devices
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Completion of a recognized HVACR apprenticeship program; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Monday -Friday with two available shifts:
5:30 am to 2:00 pm or
9:30 am to 6:00 pm.Shifts are assigned based on the current needs of the college for any given week.Starting Salary
Grade 32, Step 5 - $53,598.96
Per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC 284.170), salaries for initial appointments for classified positions typically begin at Step 1. The College of Southern Nevada offers a competitive benefits package, including an excellent PERS retirement plan (a defined benefit plan), generous vacation & sick benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and a choice between three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.Note to Applicant
Applicants must fully document their education and experience to demonstrate meeting the minimum qualifications of the position.
All attachment(s) must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements.
This position may require a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate selected for hire.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs. HR may attempt to verify academic credentials.Exempt
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.Posting Close Date
03/31/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/HVACR-Specialist-I---Facilities-Management_R0126904
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency