Administrative Assistant - Senior Director for Vocation and Alumni Engagement Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
826 # of Openings:
1 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to Senior Director for Vocation and Alumni Engagement Job Overview
This position is responsible for all administration related to the Wheaton College Alumni Association (WCAA) Board of Directors and serves as administrative assistant to the Senior Director for Vocation and Alumni Engagement. Working in the historic offices of the former home to Wheaton College presidents, this position works extensively with senior administrative staff and many of our loyal alumni. The position is full-time and is required to work four WCAA Board weekends and two reunion weekends (Homecoming and Alumni Weekend) each year. Duties and Responsibilities Wheaton College Alumni Association (WCAA)
Vocation and Alumni Engagement
- Manages all administration of the WCAA Board of Directors: schedules, organizes, and attends four meeting weekends; prepares materials for committees, meetings and manuals; coordinates logistics for meals, housing, and on-campus meetings.
- Organizes and implements grant, scholarship, and award applications for WCAA-designated programs, maintains files for these programs, and schedules interviews.
- Records official minutes of Board meetings.
- Prepares WCAA annual report and new Board member information for Wheaton magazine.
- Schedules WCAA Board functions as requested by the executive director, and maintains a four-year schedule for WCAA Board meetings.
- Responsible for oversight of Distinguished Service to Society and Distinguished Service to Alma Mater award programs.
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Serves as administrative assistant to Senior Director who oversees three areas: Alumni Association Board of Directors, Alumni and Parent Engagement, and Center for Vocation and Career.
- Manages senior director’s calendar; works with colleagues, alumni, and parents to schedule individual and group meetings.
- Prepares files and related material for senior director’s daily meetings.
- Accesses and handles confidential information with precision and care.
- Oversees Alumni/Parent Engagement $300,000 operations budget, including tracking expenses and moving funds as necessary.
- Serves as office manager for Westgate and ensures this historic building is functioning properly, including overseeing work orders, storage, upkeep, and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related professional field (office administration, event planning, project management)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail, commitment to excellent customer service
- Significant experience with MS Office Suite
- Some understanding of Wheaton College and Wheaton College Alumni Association is a plus
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status
– Non Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity. Updated