Search #: 496334JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The Office of Global Affairs (OGA)is searching for a Global Initiatives Coordinator to develop and deliver content for global initiatives as well as manage and promote faculty, staff, and student engagement in global networks and other global opportunities. Under the direction of the Director for Global Partnerships & Outreach, develop and deliver content for global initiatives for the Office of Global Affairs. The incumbent will manage and promote faculty, staff, and student engagement in global networks and other global opportunities. The incumbent will manage the delivery and execution of events, workshops, and outreach activities that engage students, faculty, staff, and alumni, as well as cultivate University-wide engagement in global opportunities and networks. This position also provides support for the expansion of entrepreneurial programming and serves as a highly specialized and advanced resource for program content and the provision of programmatic services.
This Global Initiatives Coordinator reports to the Director of Global Partnerships & Outreach and may serve as a lead staff member to employees who perform similar functions. This position may perform administrative management functions that include supervising, training, evaluating, and assigning work to lower-level and student staff.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the planning, development, design, and evaluation of workshops, training programs, competitions, and other events, in accordance with the Office of Global Affairs’ goals and objectives. Hold information sessions for internal audiences. Manage logistics, including travel coordination, acquiring vendors, and event setup and staffing.
- Serve as a primary resource to students, staff, faculty, and others on programmatic policies, procedures, and activities.
- Coordinate post-workshop and -program developments, which may include drafting event proceedings, coordinating translations, creating post-event/program progress reports, assessments/evaluations, and following up on action items.
- Coordinate with OGA Communications team and University Communications on marketing and communications needs related to programming.
- Assist with the preparation of applications, proposals, and reports for submission to global networks. Represent Global Affairs at meetings and events related to network and partner engagement. Assist with the development, planning, coordination, and execution of proposals and resultant entrepreneurial and grant-funded programs.
- Perform office management duties for the program, including but not limited to assisting in the development of budgets for programs and proposals, hiring support and processing paperwork for new hires, expense reimbursements, and payment processing. Determines workflow, monitors, and processes necessary paperwork as well as maintenance of records and filing system.
- Makes program budget recommendations for special initiatives and projects. Monitor actual expenditures against projected as projects progress. Assist in identifying resources and funding sources as needed.
- Assist with content management on Global Partnerships, Abrahamic Programs, Armenian Programs, and other initiative websites.
- Engage in public relations and promotional activities for special initiatives. Participate in and/or represent supervisor in regular meetings with various internal and external working groups, prepare minutes with follow-up on action items.
- Collect and analyze initiative data and participate in evaluating initiative effectiveness. Identify problems and make necessary changes.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least four years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Experience planning international competitions and/or coordinating proposal submissions.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to work independently and exercise initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and relational databases (Airtable).
- Willingness to work some evening or weekend hours. Ability to travel internationally for work.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships across sectors (academia, governmental, and non-governmental organizations).
- Experience in a university setting, working collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff.
- Experience managing staff.
This is a 12-month, full-time position with working hours between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #496334 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on May 25, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Apr 25 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 25 2022 Eastern Daylight Time