Job Location: Off Premise - NA, ME
Remote Type: Fully Remote
Position Type: Contractor
Education Level: Graduate Degree The Company
At Unity, sustainability isnt a buzzword. Its the foundation of our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to Arizona to Brazil.Engage with Unity College and youll start to ask tough questions, challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the future you want, we can make it happen.The Position
Unity College is seeking enthusiastic individuals to teach Environmental Justice and Environmental Studies courses for our online undergraduate degree programs. Courses are online and run for five weeks in eight different terms.
- We are particularly interested in hiring adjunct faculty with expertise in subjects such as Sociology, Social Anthropology, and Environmental Law.
- Examples of courses to be taught are Understanding Diversity and the Environment, History of Creating Environmental Social Change, American Government: Foundations in Environmental Law, Food Systems and Social Justice, Sustainable Solutions to Globalization, and Social Science for Environmental Professionals.
- Courses are taught asynchronously with an average of 20 students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD, DVM)
in the discipline or a masters degree
with ample experience in the profession.
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is desirable.
- Prior experience in governmental relations, socio-environmental issues, and food sustainability are strongly desirable.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely. Benefits
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits. To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for three references.