Adjunct - Psychology InstructorJob Category:
HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCESJob Description Summary:
Seeking Adjunct Instructors to teach General Psychology courses starting in the Fall 2022 semester. Courses are scheduled to meet face-to-face, daytime, at the Niles and Dowagiac campus. Online classes are not available at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses consisting of 3 hours of lecture per week.
- Work comfortably with a diverse student population, including dual-enrolled high school students, traditional college students, and nontraditional college students.
- Utilize a variety of student engagement strategies in the classroom to ensure active student participation.
- Be accessible to students.
- Grade assignments and respond to student inquiries.
- Provide timely feedback to students’ questions and concerns.
- Become familiar with rules, regulations, administrative practices, guidelines and policies of the College.
- The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
- Master’s degree with at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate coursework in the content area
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Master’s degree or higher in subject matter
- Previous college teaching experience
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to promote active and collaborative learning through a variety of teaching methods, as well as relate to students. Excellent organization and communication skills as well as the demonstrated use of instructional technology are required.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:Close Date:
1. The physical activity of this position:A. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.B. Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.C. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.D. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information though oral communication and to make the discriminations in sounds.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.