Job no: 513108
Work type: Management (MPP)
Location: San Bernardino - San Bernardino Campus
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Fundraising & Alumni Relations, Full Time
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The Office of Philanthropic Giving is part of University Advancement and is responsible for securing private philanthropy from alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations to advance the University’s mission in support of the faculty, staff, and students. OPG plays a critical role in advancing the University and cementing CSUSB’s reputation as a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California.
Required Application Materials
All applicants must submit 1). Letter of interest or cover letter, 2). Current resume or curriculum vitae, 3). Three professional references who can provide assessments of your professional experience, accomplishments, and prospects for success in this position, and 4). Diversity Statement – may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for this role at California State University, San Bernardino (maximum 250 words).
The Assistant Director, Marketing & Stewardship, Gift Planning position offers an opportunity to join a growing planned giving program that is moving into a comprehensive fundraising campaign and provides a pathway for professional development. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Advancement, this position is responsible for the marketing and stewardship outreach of planned giving program for University Advancement – Office of Philanthropic Giving.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
Marketing and Communications
- Plan, execute and manage a strategic marketing and communications campaign to educate and promote interest in planned giving. Build the pipeline through new lead generation and discovery work that will lead to solicitations and closed gifts. Coordinate with the planned giving marketing vendor on all projects from inception to completion while meeting scheduled deadlines and with high attention to creativity and detail.
- Oversee the gift planning stewardship activities for the living legacy donors. Plan and execute the annual Gift Planning signature event for 100+ attendees. Steward gift planning donors via touchpoints and university-wide engagement and events, collaborating with Donor Relations and Stewardship, the Alumni Association, Special Events, the colleges/schools/units, Intercollegiate Athletics and others.
Marketing and Data Analytics Work closely with the Advancement Services team to analyze and interpret alumni/giving data for developing targeted prospect lists to optimize marketing, communications and stewardship efforts. Analyze and interpret marketing data and results to measure general ROI (where possible).
- Assist OPG with other projects as needed.
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt, At-will, included in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP).
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on May 9, 2022
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
- Basic knowledge of planned/deferred giving vehicles such as wills, life income plans, gifts of unusual assets, beneficiary designations.
- Proven customer service and relationship building experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, BSR Advance database (or equivalents) and Crescendo gift planning software (or equivalents).
- Successful experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years of related experience, such as fundraising, sales, planned gift administration, or marketing.
- Experience in targeted marketing to individuals and promoting gift opportunities through print and digital media.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $7,083 - $7,917 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,750 - $10,417 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Advertised: 25 Apr 2022 Pacific Daylight Time