Instructor, Veterinary Nursing
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job Description*This position will be open until filled. For full consideration, all application related materials should be submitted by 05/23/22. Application review will begin 05/24/22.
The Department of Health Related Professions is seeking applicants for a full- time, tenure-track position to teach Veterinary Nursing courses in both in-person and online environments. Work closely with Veterinary Nursing Program Director to ensure the program provides optimal results for the needs of students.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advise students as needed.
- Instruct veterinary didactic courses, laboratories and supervise students on clinical rotations as assigned by the Program Director.
- Perform clinical duties as required in the CSN Veterinary Nursing Teaching Clinic.
- Maintain student records, i.e., grades, attendance, exams, assignments, competencies, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of general veterinary medicine procedures and techniques through continuing professional development.
- Participate in AVMA-CVTEA accreditation activities to support the continuing accreditation of the Veterinary Nursing program at CSN.
- Participate in program, department, school, and college-wide committees.
- Assignments may be multi-campus with the possibility of day, evening, and/or weekend classes.
- Graduate of an AVMA (CVTEA) accredited program in Veterinary Technology or Nursing from a College or University.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a field relating to biological or animal sciences from a regionally accredited College/University.
- Eligible for licensure as a veterinary technician (nurse) in the State of Nevada.
- 2 years full-time professional experience in clinical practice or in an academic setting.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from a regionally accredited College or University.
- Eligible for licensure as a veterinarian in the state of Nevada.
Starting Salary Range
- Previous teaching experience in veterinary medicine.
- Previous teaching experience in higher education.
- At least one year of experience teaching at a community college.
- Experience teaching and/or working with a diverse/multicultural student body and/or workforce.
- Experience with curriculum development.
- Experience teaching online courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of course and classroom management.
- Experience developing and implementing field trips for undergraduates to local/regional areas of interest.
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a master's degree, the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes. *Required Attachment(s)
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references (Name, email and phone number)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.
Bargaining unit Faculty members hired are eligible for relocation expenses reimbursement in accordance with the College of Southern Nevada Faculty Contract CSN-NFA Contract 2020-22
100.0%Required Attachment(s)Posting Close DateNote to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Instructor--Veterinary-Nursing_R0128492
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency