Part-Time Enrollment Specialist - FY2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionHiring Department:
Charleston CampusWork Hours per week:
up to 19.5
Academic Advising is hiring for temporary, part-time Enrollment Assistants. This paraprofessional position requires candidates to be student-centered and customer friendly. With oversight from the Senior Academic Advisor and Coordinator, duties will be provided in-person at each main campus. Enrollment Assistants support and assist prospective, new, and continuing CSN students during the critical open enrollment period prior to the start of each semester (May 1-August 30 and November 15-January 31). Enrollment Assistants will deliver valuable resources to students, help with enrollment information, and provide general inquiry support. Multiple positions are available to support the Charleston, Henderson, and North Las Vegas campuses.Position Summary:
This position aids our students and staff by completing the following duties:
Our services benefit
- Provide enrollment assistance and enrollment lab oversight for open enrollment on assigned campus.
- Provide phone call follow-up to first time in college students who have met with an Academic Advisor but have not completed their course registration.
- Act as a support and referral source by making student referrals to other student support services as necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm for the First Steps (onboarding for new students) process with incoming students.
- Assist students with understanding important MyCSN details such as the To Do List, Communication Center, Declaration of Major, and Student Center functions.
- Guide students in accessing the many academic resources available at CSN and provide referrals.
- Provide online student support through email outreach projects and responding to general academic and resource questions.
- Administrative duties associated with the position include, but are not limited to, regular reporting of enrollment lab data and phone campaign engagement.
- Attend and participate in all required trainings provided in student services and college transition.
- Other duties as assigned.
: CSN students, staff, and the community outside of CSNMinimum Qualifications:
- Must have been a CSN student with at least 12 completed credits.
- Must have proficient computer skills including ability to work remotely using various collaborative computer software such as MS Teams, Webex, and/or Zoom.
- Must have working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work up to 19.5 hours per week; may require work on weekends and evenings.
- Ability to demonstrate the practice of putting “Students First” in all responsibilities.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- One year customer service-related experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor computer issues (e.g., sign-in, log-on, computer access issues)
- Perform duties in such a way as to foster a work atmosphere that promotes civility, courtesy, collegiality, collaboration, and overall excellent customer service.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Copy of current class schedule.
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date. Posting Close Date
06/30/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time-Enrollment-Specialist---FY2022_R0130288
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency