: Enrollment Management & MarketingLocations:
: Seattle, WAPosted:
: Apr 22, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: ExemptRef. No.:
: 150655Position ID:
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email [email protected]. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: The office of Enrollment Management and Marketing (EMM) includes the departments of undergraduate and graduate admissions, student financial services, enrollment operations, and university communications. This is the recruiting and marketing, as well as financial aid operations of the university. The departments work collaboratively to achieve the university enrollment goals. The EMM office is a center of activity and needs someone with a spirit of positivity, hospitality, and a willingness to help out where needed within the various departments.
The executive assistant to the vice president for EMM will wear many hats, but three are primary:
- 40%: Managing the EMM division staffing, which includes working with the vice president to identify funding for shifting staff salary needs. Keeping confidences is crucial. This requires attention to detail in tracking all staffing changes and a mind for calculations;
- 40%: Assisting individual department helping departments with a variety of projects; and
- 20%: Assisting the vice president with scheduling; serving in the role of hospitality for visiting guests and managing virtual and in-person events; working on division board reporting; and collaborating with other vice president/president offices for leadership, board meetings, and university events.
The successful candidate will be someone with a heart for serving SPU, its leadership and the EMM staff, as well as a desire to build positive relationships across campus, with senior leadership staff, and with the EMM department staff and leaders. Will also be a keeper of highly confidential information, possess an acute business acumen, be strong in editing skills, have experience working with budgets and/or HR tasks, and be assertive in prioritizing and raising items needing attention to the appropriate person.
- Manages, in collaboration with the vice president, the labor budget for 60+, including identifying funding for newly-hired and current staff.
- Collaborates on annual salary planning, processes HR paperwork, tracks staffing salary baselines and all increases for organization.
- Manages department moves, as needed. Coordinates with the department leader the necessary resources and steps for onboarding new staff members within EMM.
- Provides administrative assistance to the various departments within EMM
- Works on various projects, orders supplies and swag items for departments, schedules meetings for department leaders.
- Works with CIS and individual departments to oversee equipment upgrades (laptops, printers, monitors).
- Vice President of Enrollment Management & Marketing agenda:
- Works in partnership with the Office of the President to coordinate the efforts of administrative tasks assigned to the Vice President. This includes scheduling calendars, room reservations, set up, working with vendors, and communications for meetings.
- Collaborates with the Office of the President and other vice presidential offices on cross-functional matters and events.
- Assists in preparation of enrollment reports for Board of Trustee meetings, coordinating with EMM department leaders to obtain required documents to ensure a fully edited finished product is delivered on time.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Vice President for EMM, including office management, scheduling and meeting coordination, and keeping a good records system for the VP and the office.
- Administers, monitors, and assists in budget management for Enrollment Management & Marketing and VP contingency accounts, including planning for equipment purchasing and special projects the Vice President decides to fund. Prepares budget reports. Purchases office supplies and services for Enrollment Management & Marketing. Reconciles purchasing card statements.
- Serves as primary point person for information regarding and communication with Enrollment Management & Marketing directors and staff.
- On behalf of the vice president, routes requests to Enrollment Management & Marketing leaders/staff, consolidating responses. Notifies leaders of upcoming deadlines and collects data (e.g., budget cycle, board reports, etc.).
- Helps plan all Enrollment Management & Marketing full-staff meetings, events and celebrations, as well as leadership monthly meetings. Volunteers at campus events, when available.
- Serves as coordinator for Enrollment Management & Marketing staff recognitions, coordinating the various ways in which staff is recognized throughout the year.
- Provides communications and necessary information for various ad hoc committees, as assigned by the Vice President.
- Graduate from a college or university, with a Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years office experience with upper level management.
- Demonstrated ability in organizational skills, including computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and budget management.
- Detail-oriented; able to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible as urgent tasks arise.
- Superb proofing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a kind, yet assertive spirit to all.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel spreadsheet skills, with a mind for organizing and tracking data.
- Tech savvy - ability to keep up with technical and virtual platforms and welcomes learning new skills.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 DOE
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.
Please note: All SPU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentary proof of vaccination unless an exception applies. For more information, see SPU's Vaccination Requirements FAQs webpage.