Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Job Summary Job ID: 242564Position: 20000474
Full-time Prosthodontist faculty member for predoctoral didactic, preclinical, and clinical learning in restorative dentistry, prosthodontics, and associated areas. Participation in Dental College of Georgia (DCG) Restorative Sciences advanced education residency programs including Prosthodontics, Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program (AEGD) and General Practice Residency (GPR) may be expected consistent with candidate experience, credentials, and the department mission. The candidate must be a graduate of a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited advanced prosthodontics program, and is actively pursuing or has completed Board Certification, as qualified. Preference will be given to candidates with clinical experience and demonstrate expertise in advanced technologies, digital workflow, and dental implants to support ongoing expansion of the advanced technology curricula. The preferred candidate will have a history of publications, as involvement in research/scholarly activity including publications is expected. Scholarly activity and Service are expected as described in duties below.Participation in the DCG intramural faculty practice is available. Responsibilities The duties include, but are not limited to: Teaching
Actively serve as an effective clinician-educator as measured by quantitative and qualitative
1. Contribute and support learning in pre-doctoral lab courses, and/or pre-/post-doctoral clinics and/or classroom instruction, and receiving above-average student, resident, and peer evaluations.
2. Contribute as assigned the pre-doctoral program, inclusive of its curriculum, clinical competencies, and the preparation of students for the licensing board exam.
3. Contribute to curriculum maintenance and innovation. Support didactic and clinical learning using best evidence.
4. Contribute to the planning, development, and implementation of collaborative advanced technology curricula and clinical efforts.
5. Develop, administer, and provide informal/ formal student performance assessments. Plan and provide student assessments. Participate in faculty peer review.
6. Contribute as assigned to advanced-education program directors and residents in Restorative
Sciences and throughout the DCG.
7. Establish and maintain effective and productive professional interactions for predoctoral and
advanced program successes. Scholarship
Collaborate with faculty and serve as a mentor for students/residents regarding research and scholarly activities leading to presentations and publication.
1. Participation in department research/scholarly activity initiatives and preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
2. Collaborate within and support the department FOSTER (Faculty Opportunity Strategies Toward Effective Research) Program through advocacy, participation, and funding.
3. Expand research collaborations intra- and inter-institutionally based on background and experience. Service
Participate in efforts that support the Dental College of Georgia, Augusta University, the profession, and the public.
1. Lead or serve on DCG and AU level committees and support other professional service activities that are appropriate for the assigned role. This may include but is not limited to institutional and/or professional organization activities such as committees, leadership, continuing education, outreach, etc.
2. Obtain CE credit necessary for the maintenance of professional licensure, complete mandatory annual/bi-annual training (e.g. HIPAA, BLS) required for clinical duties in the department, the DCG, and AU, support and comply with college or university policies and practices.Clinical/Patient Care
Provide patient care in the Augusta University Dental Associates faculty practice, maintain quality standards for compliance with all DCG policies. Other duties
Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications CODA accredited DDS or DMD degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
State of Georgia Dental License or State of Georgia Faculty Dental License.
Completion of a three-year CODA-accredited Advanced Education Program in Prosthodontics.Preferred Qualifications Expertise in advanced technologies, digital workflow, including dental implants; ABP Certification or progress toward certification as qualified.
Prior experience in dental education with demonstrated ability to work productively in didactic and clinical educational environments. History of publications. Clinical experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Patient care; interprofessional collaboration; Curriculum organization, implementation and assessment; Student mentoring and assessment; Interest and participation in scholarly activity; Service based on interests and experience.
All aspects of clinical dentistry related to Restorative Sciences in support learning, scholarship, patient care, service.Ability to maintain confidentiality.Shift/Salary Academic rank, tenure status and salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.How To Apply To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty using the job opening number provided above.Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.