Job no: 500750
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Center for the Arts
The purpose of this position is to publicize Center for the Arts performances and exhibitions, as well as to provide the same service for the Fine Arts Division.
- Designing and/or writing/editing copy for a wide variety of materials, including season brochures, update calendars, print ads, radio ads, postcards, fliers, posters, and programs, overseeing their production and distribution.
- Writing and distributing press releases and taking requests for additional information and images from various media outlets.
- Managing the Center for the Arts and Parkening Guitar Competition websites.
- Maintaining the Center for the Arts patron mailing list, as well as maintaining the publicity media list.
- Monitoring budgets for Center for the Arts advertising, as well as coordination Fine Arts Division events print jobs.
- Making various ad buys in both print and broadcast media.
- Assisting at various Center for the Arts Guild events, both and off-campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Degree in marketing, public relations, or related experience. Experience in marketing and publicity, preferably within a performing arts organization, including creation of strategic marketing campaigns and graphic design experience. Ability to design and create high-quality printed materials. High competency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign and Acrobat), Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Suite (Google Drive, Forms, Sheets, Documents), Mac Operating System, OU Campus (website platform), social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications (Illustrator, InCopy), iMovie, Powerpoint, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar email marketing system).
Preferred: Graphic design ability. Experience with photography, especially of live events. Some management experience. Ability to communicate well both in writing and in person. Knowledge of printing procedures and terminology. Knowledge of the Chicago editorial style. High competency with other Adobe Creative Suite applications (Illustrator, InCopy), iMovie, Powerpoint, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar email marketing system).
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Advertised: 22 Apr 2022 Pacific Daylight Time