Student Programs Coordinator Location:
Tampa, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Dept Number/Name: 0-0450-000 / Campus Recreation
College Division: Student Success-Wellness
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9427 / Student Programs Coordinator
Hiring Salary: $42,000
Position Number: 00003794
The Recreation and Wellness department provides opportunities for USF students, faculty and staff to participate in a wide variety of recreational pursuits. Recreation and Wellness is a department within Student Success. The department has 29 full time employees and 400+ part time employees. The budget for Campus Recreation is just over $3 million and the Campus Recreation Center alone has over 550,000 visitors per year. This position will directly report to Assistant Director of Outdoor Recreation.
Responsible for assisting in the administration, direction and/or supervision of all aquatic facilities, which may include staff organization and supervision, facility scheduling and maintenance, fiscal policy and procedures, and other appropriate areas. Assist with Special Events and oversees aquatic programs.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates over 50+ OPS employees. Assists with the hiring and recommends terminations. Coordinates student employee scheduling and conducts regular student staff meetings and trainings.
- Manages all community instructional training and certification programs including scheduling, training of instructors, registrations, marketing, risk management and budgeting for lifeguard training, CPR, First Aid, Water Safety Instructor, and other education programs as well as developing programming.
- Oversees Aquatics programs, scheduling and managing Learn to Swim, Personal Swim Lessons and open swim and keeping record of users.
- Collaborates with other department coordinators for effective coordination of department's major programs with other events in facilities. Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with other university departments, other state agencies, general public while recognizing the University's overall mission and goal.
- Maintains statistical data relevant to facility usage for the production of reports. Discipline students and members in violation of facility policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor's degree, with at least one year of experience in a student affairs or student personnel position; or a Master's degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, or Sports Recreation Administration. Work experience may not be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this position.
SPECIAL SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS:
Must possess current Lifeguard Certification & Lifeguard Instructor Certification as well as have an understanding of aquatic facility & program operations.
Master's degree in Higher Education Administration or aquatic facility management related field; 1-3 years full time experience overseeing an Aquatic program in either Higher Education, parks and recreation, or private facility (2 year graduate assistantship in Aquatics acceptable in lieu of above qualifications).
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 30536
Posting Date: 04/20/2022
Posting End Date: 05/20/2022
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University's Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report's national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state's 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Connect with us: