Graduate Programs Office Assistant Location:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Job Summary Central Washington University is recruiting a Graduate Programs Office Assistant to join our team in Ellensburg, Washington. This role is an important member of our team as they represent the University and our graduate programs within the Curriculum, Supervision, and Educational Leadership Department. The role is a campus-based position, which means you get to see the lives you are impacting. We're offering a salary, depending on experience, from $32,856 - $42,420 annually plus the awesome CWU benefits. Who we are:
We are a team of individuals committed to Changing Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams. Working in higher education provides career growth and career choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You’ll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police and public safety. For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus.
The Department of Curriculum, Supervision, and Educational Leadership houses several programs related to the initial preparation of teachers, their professional development as in-service teachers, and certification of school administrators. We even have a program for those interested in careers in higher education.www.cwu.edu/cselWhat we offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more: https://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts
Tour our campus in Ellensburg here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdhOegDa9A The Role:
This position supports the administration and operations of the graduate programs within the Curriculum, Supervision, & Educational Leadership (CSEL) department (i.e., Curriculum and Instruction, Master of Arts in Teaching, Higher Education, School Administration). The position supports the day-to-day program operations, functions as a secondary program contact and resource, and assists, schedules, and monitors program courses, activities, and events to achieve the goals and objectives of the program. The position has extensive contact with program faculty, candidates, teacher certification, and field placement regarding program content, policies, procedures, and activities. All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.Job Duties
- Assist Program Directors in creating, planning, coordinating, and implementing program events, promotions, policies, and procedures related to the graduate programs
- Provide logistical support to arrange, coordinate, and set up Intensive Experience and Seminar activities, School Administration Professional Education Advisory Board (PEAB), Intern Orientation, and quarterly Internship Meetings; social, promotional, and other events. Tasks include but are not limited to making phone calls; scheduling facilities, equipment, food, and guest speakers; working with campus departments such as Catering, Room Scheduling, Academic Scheduling, Conference Center, Motor Pool, Purchasing, and Facilities to coordinate arrangements for rooms, equipment, and services; ordering supplies; shopping for program materials; setting up rooms and presentation equipment; preparing printed materials; and other tasks as assigned
- Ensure policy, procedure, and reporting compliance for the programs
- Work with the Program Directors and fiscal staff to monitor and resolve any program related budgetary issues (annual budget, goods and services, stipends, payment, and payment systems, etc.)
- Work closely with the academic department to ensure the proper scheduling and faculty assignments/payments consulting with appropriate management if questions arise. Work with the Office of Field Experiences to facilitate and monitor placement of candidates
- Order and maintain program materials, equipment inventories and supplies
- Within delegated areas of authority, exercise independent judgment in resolving problems
- Process field supervisor travel
- Process mentor teacher clock hours and stipends
- Monitor programs and recommend changes
- Assist the program director with budget planning
- Develop and maintain administrative records including electronic and paper records and files for the program, courses, products, and events, sales, correspondence, program arrangements, and all other program-related information
- Collect and process Applications; respond to initial application inquiries
- Maintain program handbooks
- Maintain appropriate candidate data, including student enrollment and credits, and report trends
- Collect and Organize Data for Accreditation Reports
- Assist in conducting surveys
- Assist students with quarterly registration
- Provide regular reports and information to the Directors on the status of assigned responsibility
Graduate Program Promotion:
- Work closely with the Program Directors and CWU public relations staff as needed to plan, develop, and execute marketing initiatives
- Promote programs, products, and events to potential candidates using traditional marketing, Web, and social media
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on website and other promotional materials
- Initiate marketing plans, working closely with the marketing specialist, adhering to established CWU policies and procedures. Tasks include developing and maintaining mailing lists; writing ad copy; working with editors and graphic artists, commercial print houses, newspaper and magazine reporters and ad sales staff to develop promotional materials and advertisements; composing and sending correspondence, e-mail, and e-cards; mailing and distributing promotional materials and program information; working with Web developers to enhance and keep online events calendars up to date
- Driving personal or university vehicles
- Respond to general questions about the graduate programs
- Represent the program in daily business and at program meetings
- Provide input on strategic direction of the unit
- Conduct special projects as assigned
- Contribute ideas for innovative solutions to problems
- Represent the department on university committees and task forces as appropriate
- Participate in related local, state, and national organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- Increasingly responsible clerical/office experience
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to use Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, Excel, and/or similar software applications, to independently produce grammatically correct written correspondence, accurately create and maintain spreadsheets, receive, and respond to e-mail inquiries and tasks, and maintain websites
- Demonstrate the ability to be highly organized and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality work in a timely manner
- Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds, and experiences
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Experience with marketing events and programs.
- Knowledge of teacher pathways, school administration, principal and program administrator credentialing, other Masters’ programs.
- Working knowledge of enrollment management software
- Demonstrated participation in programs designed to promote inclusion.
- A record of promoting inclusivity in the work environment.
- Experience or interest in working with diverse populations.
- Ability to incorporate multicultural perspectives and issues into everyday conversations.
- Life experiences that demonstrate an ability to contribute to CWU ‘s commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for students through various activities.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $2,738 /month with periodic increases up to $3,535 /monthSchedule/Appointment
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / PSE Bargaining Unit 4 Working Conditions
: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent interactions with faculty, staff, and candidates. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for programmatic records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required. Benefits
: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts. An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
How To Apply To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;Resume including work history, education, training; andContact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 6, 2022
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Contact Information Name: Corinne Grieve
Title: Department Secretary
Email: [email protected]
Please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.Conditions of Employment Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21.14.1
, CWU employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of October 2021. Your vaccination status will be verified if/when a job offer is made. Information about how to apply for medical and religious accommodations are available here: www.cwu.edu/hr/
. Failure to meet the vaccination policy (or approval of a medical or religious accommodation) will result in revocation of the offer.Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.PSE
This position is part of a Public School Employees of Washington (PSE) bargaining unit. The seniority date for the selected applicant shall be set in accordance with Article 43.2 of the Public School Employees (PSE) collective bargaining agreement.