Off-Campus Building Repair Technician
BasicFunction and Responsibility:
Plans, organizes, directs, inspects, coordinates and maintain off-campus university properties. Performs repair at all skill levels, including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, painting, fire detection and extinguishing devices, lamping and general building repair.
1. Must ensure that all work is performed, by self and employees, with applicable regulations and safety taken into consideration. Must have knowledge of OSHA regulations, setting working conditions and standards to comply with changing environment.
2. Maintain proficiency at current level and continually update knowledge of all aspects of building maintenance through appropriate courses, seminars, publications and contacts with others in trade.
3. Attend weekly team and monthly safety meetings to pray, discuss and share work issues.
4. Establish and maintain a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of the department and campus community.
5. Provides input to the Trades Manager and Dispatcher whether Building Repair employees are performing to accepted technical standards.
6. Assists with small contract labor projects
7. Reports facility problems that must be scheduled for large scale renovation or replacement.
8. Participates in on-call rotation and routinely required to respond to off-hour emergencies.
1. Able to read and understand building plans.
2. Perform similar duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Experienced building repair technician, capable of providing repair services in facilities setting with multi-unit buildings. Should have knowledge of the various trades discipline, including but not limited to carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical.
Must have a strong understanding of principles of effective maintenance and operation of residential and commercial properties.
A general understanding of local building, fire and safety code requirements preferred.
Demonstrated ability to oversee contracted work.
Maintain a lifestyle with sound Christian principles and those established by the institution. Participate in the spiritual growth, development, care and support of other employees near this position.
Must have a valid California Driver’s License
Use fine finger movements: Constantly
Reason and analyze: Frequently
Bend, squat, crawl, kneel, stand, push, pull: Frequently
Handle objects, carry/lift loads over 75 pounds: Frequently
Reach/work above shoulder level: Frequently
Communicate orally: Frequently
Operate motorized equipment: Frequently
Work with temperature variations: Frequently
Construction activities: Occasionally
Sit and or work in confined spaces: Occasionally
Contact with water/liquids: Occasionally
Perform calculations: Occasionally
Hours Per Week: 40
Months Per Year: 12