Job Number: 501937About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: USD Admissions
Categories: Teaching - JK - 12
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Admissions Coordinator - 997899Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experience.Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
This position is contingent on the availability and continuation of external-funding and/or contract. As such, any offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment ended in the event the external funding and/or contract ceases or is reduced.
1. Assist with all admissions functions for the Lower, Middle and Upper Schools and the Bridges program.
2. Contribute to existing written communication, including welcome letters, surveys, invitations to events and preview information. Create letters and other marketing materials, including photographs.
3. Communicate directly with prospective parents of admissions procedures and decisions verbally and in writing.
4. Assist with all yearly admissions procedures, including application processes, acquiring records, testing and interviewing, as directed by the Admissions Director.
5. Assist with re-enrollment and exit phone calls.
6. Assist with and administer the screening and testing process, as directed by the Admissions Director.
7. Schedule and conduct tours, screenings, and parent interviews.
8. Assist with management of student files and teacher recommendations to other school.
9. Assist the Associate Director of Marketing to implement school marketing plan.
10. Work with Parent Ambassadors and New to U to welcome new families.
11. Assist with the planning and coordination of School events as directed.
12. Assist with open houses, meetings at feeder schools and other similar events as necessary to promote the school to prospective families.
13. Assist the Director of Admissions and Marketing and Associate Director of Marketing with duties as needed.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Familiarity with centralized computer system.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel for report preparation.
3. Ability to drive to meetings and events.
4. Ability to walk the campus up to several times per day.
5. Excellent writing and communication skills.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Two (2) years experience in education, business/marketing or related field.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience with private school education.
2. Ability to apply sales and marketing techniques.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time