Job Number: 501988About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Categories: Admissions / Financial Aid / Enrollment Management
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Admissions Counselor - UG - 995724Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Researches, develops, and implements recruiting strategies for specific market segments.
2. Serves as trainer and mentor for junior employees.
3. Develops prospects from current students, faculty, referral leads, conferences, educational fairs, career days, campus tours, or special events.
4. Contacts prospective students to present information and/or explain available programs and services. Communicates with prospects about admission requirements, program offerings, curriculum, and/or basic financial aid information by various means of communication.
5. Handles and processes inquiries timely and accurately.
6. Provides assistance in completing application and enrollment documents.
7. Conducts a holistic review of applicant files including evaluation of high school transcript, grades, curriculum and quality of high school, college transcripts, letters of recommendation, essay, extracurricular activities, and any other information pertinent to the application; makes admission decision and scholarship recommendations, and updates information in the University student database.
8. Manages yield strategies for prospects and applicants. Collaborates with admissions colleagues, academic advisers, financial aid officers, and residential life personnel to create an effective yield team and ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to enrolled student status.
9. Develops and maintains a network of relationships that will serve to increase enrollment, such as alumni, students, the business community, professional organizations, and student groups.
10. Makes presentations on programs and admissions to groups to attract new students.
11. Coordinates or participates in promotional activities, including conferences, educational fairs, career days, campus tours, or special events to present programs to prospective students.
12. Serves in a public relations capacity at professional, civic, and business functions.
13. Identifies main client groups and audiences, and determines the best way to communicate and engage audiences to elicit desired outcomes.
14. Gathers data on competitors and analyzes their prices, enrollments, and method of marketing and distribution.
15. Monitors industry statistics and follows trends in trade literature.
16. Measures and assesses customer satisfaction.
17. Measures the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
18. Forecasts and tracks marketing and enrollment trends, analyzing collected data.
19. Prepares reports of activities and tracking of prospects' and suspects' inquiries, applications, and student outcomes up to and including enrollment.
20. Maintains student data integrity and confidentiality.
21. Serves on one or more committees as assigned.
22. Manages travel expenses timely and accurately in accordance with established policies and procedures.
23. Completes special projects as assigned.
24. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Digital Media - Working knowledge of digital media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and persuade via digital, web, and social media.
2. Customer and Personal Service - Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
3. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Marketing - Working knowledge of principles and methods for describing and promoting programs and services in order to achieve desired outcomes.
5. General knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
1. Persuasion - Basic skills in persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
2. Service Orientation - Proficient skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
3. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
5. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
6. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
7. Social Perceptiveness - Proficient skills in being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
8. Judgment and Decision Making - Proficient skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
9. Self-Direction - Basic skills in motivating oneself to work independently, as well as working well within teams.
1. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
2. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
3. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
4. Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
1. Travel - Must be able to travel extensively.
2. May be required to work nights or weekends.
3. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
4. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. Must be able to exert maximum muscle force to lift and hold a minimum of 50 pounds.
7. Must have a valid driver's license with reliable local transportation.
8. Must have a valid passport or the ability to obtain within 6 months.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Two (2) years of student services-related experience.
2. Demonstrated success in meeting performance goals.Preferred Qualifications:
Bilingual (English & Spanish)Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 22, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time