Job Number: 502015About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Campus Support Services
Categories: Information Technology
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
IT Client Technology Support Technician I -995752Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:Essential Job Functions:
1. Installs and maintains hardware systems for faculty and staff to ensure technology resources are properly functioning.
2. Repairs and troubleshoots technology issues at the sites and remotely, to ensure problems are resolved timely.
3. Provides first-line, basic support for the installation, configuration, maintenance and support of hardware and software for desktops, laptops, wireless and cellular devices, Windows-based servers, peripherals, videoconferencing, LANs, WANs and digital media.
4. Provides support at all facilities including classrooms, offices, clinics, videoconferencing classrooms, and all university locations on campus or off.
5. Resolves issues for students, faculty, and staff encountering hardware, software and other problems relating to technology.
6. Inspects and recommends maintenance of technology equipment housed in university facilities including offices, classrooms, computer labs, and clinics, as assigned.
7. Creates, logs, updates, and resolves technology tickets using appropriate ticketing system in a timely manner.
8. Assists with the relocation of computers and other technology equipment within university facilities to other locations on and off campus.
9. Assists with proper removal and disposal of technology from the university.
10. Completes special projects as assigned.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or required. Marginal Job Functions:
1. Available to travel and drive NSU vehicles as required to regional campuses as well as off-site locations.
2. Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
3. Available on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for emergency situations or to cover when other Desktop Support Technician are not available.
4. Assists in disaster preparedness / recovery efforts.
5. Participates in inter-OIIT departmental training offerings.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Basic knowledge in the safe use of various tools utilized for technical troubleshooting, repair and support including software and hand-tools.
2. Basic knowledge of computer and audiovisual systems, Active Directory, and network.
3. Basic knowledge of computer and audiovisual equipment and deployment of associated technology.
4. Computers and Electronics – Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
1. Time Management – Basic skills in managing one's own time.
2. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
3. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
4. Critical Thinking – Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
5. Complex Problem Solving – Basic skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
6. Excellent customer service skills.
1. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with audio-visual, computer and associated network components.
2. Ability to adapt to new technologies quickly and resourcefully to provide technical support for new technology solutions.
3. Ability to lift, pull and push objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to climb ladders.
4. Ability to drive.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly, so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
7. Must be able to lift, pull and push objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to climb ladders.
8. May be required to work nights or weekends.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and one (1) year of customer service and/or information technology experience.
Associate’s degreePreferred Qualifications:
1. Associate’s degree.
2. Working knowledge of operating systems.
3. Previous experience in an enterprise environment.
4. Working knowledge of productivity software including Microsoft 365.
5. CompTIA A+ certification or similar.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time