Job Number: 501975About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Public Safety Administration
Categories: Public Safety
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Public Safety Aide - 993203Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains and issues all departmental equipment assigned to Public Safety Officers, including but not limited to, radios, key sets, vehicle keys, PDAs and any other items as determined. Responsible for issuance and documentation of these items to designated (NSU and contract) personnel to ensure proper inventory of equipment is kept.
2. Responsible for processing all departmental incident reports and logs received during the shift from the Public Safety Officers. This includes entering data into records management software, copying, filing, scanning, and using Microsoft Outlook email system to ensure proper documentation.
3. Responsible for greeting and welcoming all visitors to the Public Safety lobby area. Will provide information and customer service to the public and visitors regarding Public Safety programs and policies including information about parking citations appeals to ensure quality customer service is provided to customers.
4. Responsible for the lost and found items including recording and storage of all found property brought in by the officers and/or the NSU community, and the release of property to the owners or other disposition. Responsible for researching and identifying ownership of the property and return if possible to ensure that items are returned to correct owners.
5. Preparing and submitting work orders relating to repairs of departmental vehicles and equipment.
6. Operation of the "LiveScan" fingerprinting system for any approved University applicants or employees. Complete the appropriate training of the system and remain current on any subsequent training to ensure proper use of equipment.
7. Receive all incoming mail for the Public Safety Department and deliver it to the appropriate employee or area. Manage all outgoing mail and retain custody of the items until University Mail Services.
8. Performs other related duties.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
7. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties up to 9 hours.
2. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
3. Must be able to bend, intermittently.
4. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Have or obtain current and valid Florida Drivers License with no more than 3 points.Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Six (6) months clerical or administrative experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Previous customer service experience.Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time