Job Number: 502018About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Admissions / Financial Aid / Enrollment Management
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Trainer I - 991907Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Conducts training for newly hired staff, ongoing training as individuals progress through skill tiers, and skill renewal training for seasoned staff.
2. Delivers and organizes training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
3. Recommends updates to course design, technology, and instruction delivery options.
4. Contributes to the development of measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
5. Remains abreast of current ESS processes, procedures, resources, and information pertaining to student service and support of admissions, registrar, financial aid, and bursar.
6. Assists inreviewing existing training materials to ensure information is accurate, current, and consistent.
7. Assists in the development and delivery of assessment tools.
8. Participates and provides input in pre - and post - training
needs assessment meetings.
9. Completes special projects as assigned.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Education and Training - General knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
2. English Language - Thorough knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
3. Customer and Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
4. Communications and Media - General knowledge of media production, visual, verbal, and interactive communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and persuade via written, oral, and visual media.
5. General knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
1. Learning Strategies - Proficient skills in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
2. Speaking - Advanced skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
3. Instructing - Proficient skills in teaching others how to do something.
4. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
5. Coordination - Proficient skills in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
6. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
7. Monitoring - Proficient skills in monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
8. Self-Direction - Proficient skills in motivating oneself to work independently, as well as working well within teams.
1. Oral Comprehension & Expression - The ability to listen to, understand, and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences so others will understand.
2. Written Comprehension & Expression - The ability to read, understand, and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
3. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
4. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
5. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.Job Requirements:
Prior to submitting your application:
Ensure your application is accurate and up to date.
Complete the entire application.
Provide only professional references. Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Minimum one (1) year training experiencePreferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 22, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time