Job Number: 501974About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Field Operations
Categories: Public Safety
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
***PRC***Public Safety Coordinator - 999627Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Directs, trains, and schedules Public Safety officers to ensure operational objectives are met.
2. Takes command of situations or incidents involving threat to persons or property involving the university and directs the proper resources to ensure the safety of the NSU community.
3. Takes notice and reports to supervision any incident, condition or situation that could negatively affect the ability of the Public Safety Department, or any other entity to function in the most productive manner to ensure timely notifications of threats, hazards, and personnel issues.
4. Provides physical inspections and investigations on campus.
5. Conduct security and safety audits.
6. Completes activity logs and incident reports.
7. Coordinates with local law enforcement concerning the investigation of incidents, crimes, and losses.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
3. Ability to maintain confidential information.
4. Ability to multitask.
5. Basic computer literacy.
6. Conflict management skills.
7. Ability to work under pressure.
8. Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations.
9. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
10. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
11. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
1. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of bending, climbing, sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties up to 8 hours.
2. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
4. Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
1. Have or obtain a valid Florida Drivers License with no more than 3 points.
2. Have or obtain a current Florida "D" Security Officer license within the first six months of employment.Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. One (1) or more years of public safety, security, police, or military experience.
2. One (1) or more years in a customer service position.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Previous customer service, public safety, security, or police experience.
2. Previous experience with Microsoft Office products.
3. Previous supervisory experience.
4. Leadership training.Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time