Job Number: 501986About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Allopathic-Academic Affairs
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Administrative Assistant I - 992744Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Responds to inquiries and resolves routine problems requiring general understanding of work-area policies and procedures in a timely manner to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved.
2. Composes, edits, proofreads, and types basic documents; creates mail merges and performs mass mailings; photocopies and collates basic material to ensure timely communication and retention of documents.
3. Prepares forms and documents; verifies for discrepancies and follows up to ensure accuracy.
4. Enters data and generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record keeping.
5. Schedules meetings/appointments/events and coordinates travel to ensure timely scheduling.
6. Assists in the creation and maintenance physical and digital filing systems; scans and files forms and documents using electronic/manual filing systems to ensure appropriate document retention.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Assists with other administrative functions.
2. Acts as a back-up to Administrative Coordinators.
3. Performs special projects as assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g. filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Organization and time management skills.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience in an office environment.
Associate's Degree and one (1) year of clerical/administrative experience in an office environment.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Previous experience in an academic setting.
2. Previous experience in a medical school.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time