Job Number: 502028About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Athletics Administration
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Assistant Coach, Men's Soccer - 995798Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Act as assistant coach for a particular athletic team.
2. Act as supervisor/head coach representative in the absence of the head coach.
Make independent decisions, using sound judgment, while acting in the best interests of the student-athletes and the university at all times.
3. Active in the entire recruitment process. Research and identify prospective student-athletes and make recommendations to the head coach regarding those potential student-athletes in consideration for acceptance with a specific team. Target potential student-athlete populations, formulate a plan to attract those student-athletes to the school, and initiate recruiting trips
4. Assist head coach and be fully involved in the organization and total well being of the athletic program.
5. Assist head coach and be fully involved in the organization and preparation of practice and game plans, and the implementation of strength and conditioning schedules.
6. Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes to comply with NCAA and Sunshine State policy, and take appropriate action.
7. Represent the university and the department in community events.
8. Other duties as assigned by the athletic administration and head coach.
9. To be responsible and abide fully with the NCAA's constitution, operating bylaws and administrative bylaws for the purpose of compliance, and which will be part of an employee's performance evaluation criteria.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Athletic DirectorMarginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Minimum one (1) year playing and/or coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.Preferred Qualifications:
Master's degree.Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 22, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time