Job Number: 502005About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Administrative Coordinator I - 993981Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates administrative activities/functions within the College of Pharmacy to ensure efficient operations, to include events.
2. Responds to inquiries and resolves non-routine problems requiring broad understanding of work-area policies and procedures in a timely manner to ensure questions are answered and resolved.
3. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
4. Enters data and generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record-keeping, such as Ariba, Banner and others.
5. Coordinates travel.
6. Liaises with NSU's OIIT personnel for web based programs and events.
7. Coordinates calendar of events.
8. Assists with compliance and accreditation matters.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Ability to work some evening and weekend events will be required
2. Assists with other administrative functions.
3. Performs special projects as assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills, organized, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
1. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
2. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience in an office environment, and/or coordinating a function within office.
Associate's Degree and two (2) years of administrative experience in an office environment, and/or coordinating a function within an office.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time