Job Number: 502030About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Speech/Lang/Pathology Admin
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Clinical Support Administrator - 992169Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
Yes Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides direct individual family assistance to CARD constituents, including those who are Spanish-speaking, under the supervision of a designated coordinator.
2. Maintains an active caseload of CARD constituents, providing an array of educational support services, both at schools and in homes.
3. Under the supervision of a designated coordinator, provides consultation and technical assistance services to local educational programs servicing individuals with autism and related disabilities.
4. Under the supervision of a designated coordinator, participates in public education and awareness activities related to CARD and its constituents.
5. Participates as a mentor in the CARD/DOE Partnership Program, a statewide program designed to support teachers in local communities.
6. Participates in the planning and coordination of regional teacher training Workshops.
7. Participates in the development of educational trainings for constituents in Spanish and/or English.
8. Under the supervision of a designated coordinator, facilitates social, play, and activity groups for children with autism and related disabilities.
9. Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings and quarterly regional full staff meetings.
10. Maintains contact data in accordance with statewide CARD uniform reporting guidelines.
11. Participates to create community awareness in fundraising activities as related to grant mission.
12. Under the supervision of a designated coordinator, participates in state conference activities.
13. Updates all intake packets and assists with the development of Spanish-language materials. Responsibilities consist of updating all community events and CARD forms in the intake packets.
14. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Travels to schools, client homes, agencies as needed.
2. Completes all UM-NSU required paperwork.
3. Maintains professional licenses as appropriate.
4. Maintains a professional attitude while at work.
5. Assists CARD Directors in special projects.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Minimum of three (3) years experience working with individuals with autism and related disabilities and their families.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 22, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time