Job Number: 502048About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Part Time with Partial Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Research, Service, & Sponsored Programs
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Graduate Research Assistant I - 995510Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Part Time with Partial BenefitsJob Category:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
Yes Essential Job Functions:
1. Contributes to basic and applied research activities. Performs a variety of tests, makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
2. Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
3. May participate in the publication of significant results.
4. Advances expertise through education, training, and/or research experience.
5. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions:
Schedules meetings for various groups.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of ArcGis and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
2. Database and data entry skills.
3. Ability to utilize or learn to utilize software relevant to the research program, new research methods and, work routines quickly.
4. Ability to attain required certification for applicable research program or project.
5. Ability to read and comprehend reports and other scientific literature.
6. Ability to safely and effectively handle small boats.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Must obtain within three (3) days of hire a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) issued Florida Boating Safety Education Identification Card (only required for boat operators who were born on or after January 1, 1988 as per State of Florida Law).Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required):
Biology or related scienceRequired Experience:
1. Six (6) months experience working in a laboratory or scientific research environment.
2. Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at the Oceanographic Center.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 22, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time