Job Number: 502043About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: USD Lower
Categories: Teaching - JK - 12
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Teacher Assistant (Gr JK-5) - 996674Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
This position is contingent on the availability and continuation of external-funding and/or contract. As such, any offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment ended in the event the external funding and/or contract ceases or is reduced.
1. Implements teacher lesson plans and works with students individually or in groups under the direction of the team coordinator or teacher during the school day.
2. Assists in organizing and maintaining a safe, clean, and positive learning environment for students.
3. Prepares classroom learning materials and displays.
4. Assists in the supervision of students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums or on field trips.
5. Assists in bus loading and unloading.
6. Acts as a substitute teacher and follows lesson plans provided by the regular classroom teacher, as needed. Prepares written feedback at the end of each day.
7. Assists in organizing, managing, and supervising the activities of students in extended hours of school day.
8. Attends staff meetings and serves on committees, as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to adjust working hours according to needs of school program and extended day.
2. Ability to implement a humanistic philosophy in working with children.
3. Ability to work as part of a teaching team.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Ability to be proactive, punctual and reliable.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
9. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
10. Ability to operate a two-way radio.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience: Preferred Qualifications:
One (1) year experience working in related field.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 22, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time