Educational Services Coordinator #11644 Tracking Code1829-666Job Description
Educational Services Coordinator #11644
Center for Women and Men
GRANT FUNDED POSITION – Continued Employment Pending Grant Funding and Renewal
You Belong HERE!
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Faculty and Staff as an Educational Services Coordinator.
Required Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology or closely related field. A minimum of two (2) years related work experience coordinating and/or managing student recruitment in a higher education environment.
Desired Qualifications: Related work experience coordinating and/or implementing direct student services, employability skills and case management in a professional environment is desirable.
Working Hours: Typical hours will be from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Schedule will vary to accommodate evening or weekend events. No vacation approved during peak enrollment in August and January of each year.
Please note: This position is currently based at the Daytona Beach Campus. However, responsibilities of this position will require travel for temporary assignments or permanent relocation to any of Daytona State campuses. This position will be assigned to work in Enrollment Services during peak periods of College registration.
The starting salary is $36,700.
Posted Date: 4/21/2022 Closing Date: Open until filled
Application review to begin 4/29/2022
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Plans, develops/designs, coordinates, and facilitate Fresh Start activities for students entering Career and Technical Educational programs.
- Serves as recruitment and outreach liaison for CTE programs of study; making presentations to individuals and groups within and outside the community on available educational services. Required to work and serve as a primary contact and resource person for the Center during all weekend, evenings and holiday events as assigned. Required to represent the Center by attending events and activities at churches, synagogues, chapels, community centers and other community venues on Saturdays and/or Sundays. Required travel to all Daytona State College Campus locations throughout Volusia and Flagler Counties.
- Gathers and maintains information with regard to CTE transition to support periodic and special reports documenting activities and events for assigned area.
- Implements and enforces policy and procedures for area of responsibility; assists campus personnel with student management.
- Attends or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends professional classes, seminars, or conferences to improve professional skills.
- Maintains record system with regard to CTE transition for assigned areas; processes daily paperwork including reports, memos, requisitions, and payroll, billing and personal information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Applicant must be able to relate and work with adult students, demonstrate effective individual and small group instruction; exercise good judgment; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; exhibit strong organizational skills; work in a multiple task environment; maintain positive relations with students and staff; possess proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and office equipment. Applicant must also demonstrate knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site https://www.daytonastate.edu/equity-and-inclusion/index.html or contact Human Resources at 386-506-4505 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd. Building 100, Room 303 Daytona Beach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER
Job LocationDaytona Beach, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular