Staff Assistant #10596 - Institute for Child Care Training Tracking Code1824-666Job Description
Staff Assistant #10596
Institute for Child Care Training Program
Mary Karl College of Workforce & Continued Education
You Belong HERE!
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Faculty and Staff as a Staff Assistant.
Required Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of related work experience.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a minimum hourly rate of $12.64 with an approximate annual amount of $26,300.
Working Hours: Regular work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additional hours, evenings, weekends, and/or holiday hours are required as needed.
Posted Date: 4/21/2022 Closing Date: 5/4/2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays.
- Florida Retirement System (FRS).
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center.
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities.
- Answers telephones and provides information; routes call to appropriate personnel or takes messages; retrieves messages from and responds to voice mail.
- Performs office task such as typing correspondence, schedules, documents, manuals, reports, setting up files, filing, preparing spreadsheets, faxing, e-mailing, telephoning, and photocopying.
- Assists department personnel with customer service, including providing information to visitors
- Keeps appointment calendars, makes appointments, and arranges meetings for the departmental personnel.
- Types and processes various departmental forms, including work orders and payroll information; runs time report and complete weekly payroll sheets.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves data from the computer to assist the departmental and other campus personnel; retrieves date for reports.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies; orders new materials as required.
- Attends departmental, staff and other meetings to exchange information or take notes.
- Assists with class materials and setting up Trainer’s class kits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate must have the ability to perform clerical and technical tasks requiring a wide range of procedures, summarize, tabulate, and format data and information and give information, guidance, or aid. They must be able to give instructions or delegate assignments to assistants and have knowledge in the operation and use of office machines and equipment. The successful candidate must also have knowledge of computers, peripherals, and software programs such as word processing and spreadsheets and have strong organizational skills, as well as effective oral and written communication proficiencies.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third-party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site https://www.daytonastate.edu/equity-and-inclusion/index.html or contact Human Resources at 386-506-4505 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd. Building 100, Room 303 Daytona Beach.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER
Job LocationDaytona Beach, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular